a few CHIRP app issues

Shawn Campbell

Oct 9, 2014, 5:15:23 PM10/9/14
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

The internal CHIRP apps on appengine have been around for almost five years now, and we've noticed a few bugs developing. If anyone would like to nose around on these and see if there are some fixes to be made, that would be excellent.
  • The first issue is with the playlist tracker. On the counter that shows how many heavy and light rotation releases, local currents, and local classics that have been played and remain to be played for the hour, the count is often inaccurate. Sometimes refreshing the page updates the count accurately, and sometimes it doesn't.
  • The second issue has to do with the search function in the DJ database. I've been getting many reports of DJs searching for albums in the DB and results coming up empty, even though the album is there. I've actually had this happen myself as well. It's clear that the album is in the DJDB, because when you start typing the name, the rest of the title autofills. This definitely isn't just an issue of typos.
I know we have several new developers on board, so if you need permissions set up to access the appengine account, let me know.

Also, because we  I've added a number of new people to this list recently, if you're currently working on a CHIRP project and would be interested in having additional developers join, shout it out here on this group.

Thanks much,
--Shawn

Shawn Campbell
General Manager, CHIRP Radio
4045 N. Rockwell Chicago, IL 60618
http://chirpradio.org

Please consider becoming a sustaining member of CHIRP Radio today at http://chirpradio.org/donatenow.   Thanks!

Jenn Rourke

Oct 9, 2014, 5:57:05 PM10/9/14
to chir...@googlegroups.com
In terms of a starting point for the playlist tracker investigation - I've noticed that, and was under the impression it might be counting back 60 minutes instead of the top of the hour. Just a thought.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ChirpDev" group.

Jenn Rourke
Production Director, DJ
CHIRPRadio.org
je...@chirpradio.org