March? meeting

1 view

Chris Agocs

Mar 12, 2015, 2:28:07 PM3/12/15
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Hey y'all,
Let's check in. What are you all working on?

Aaron and Tom, any UI/UX progress? Tom, have you made any progress with the playlist tracker?

Jon, have you had any luck with Tracktor and DJDB?

Me? I have (shamefully) not looked at the CMJ report generator yet. Sorry, Music Directors.

New business: Google Code is shutting down, so we should finish migrating everything (including issues) over to Github.

Has anyone jumped on the Archiver? If not, it's up my alley. I'd be happy to spend a few weekends pairing with someone on it.

I'll send out a Doodle for a new meeting soon.

-Chris

Kumar McMillan

Mar 12, 2015, 2:47:05 PM3/12/15
to chir...@googlegroups.com

Interesting. I wouldn't worry too much about the issues but the docs should be moved somewhere. This document especially: https://code.google.com/p/chirpradio/wiki/TheChirpApi Actually, I don't know if the other wiki pages are very useful. Those API docs could be easily moved to a github file (in markdown or whatever).

Has anyone jumped on the Archiver? If not, it's up my alley. I'd be happy to spend a few weekends pairing with someone on it.

:thumbsup:

I can likely be available to do a code review.

I'll send out a Doodle for a new meeting soon.

-Chris

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ChirpDev" group.

Jonathan Carson

Mar 15, 2015, 9:56:43 PM3/15/15
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys... So... I was offered a new position and promotion in my company if I move to New York... and I'm taking it! So I am actually leaving Chicago next month after spending the last 8 years here. Of course I would love to stay involved with CHIRP-- but I don't know if it will be feasible for me to take on the role I initially thought I could do. I apologize for that, especially because I barely got started on all that I wanted to do with you guys. What I can do is offer my insight as far as the DJDB, NML, Traktor, etc. to the next person who takes over this project. I can also still offer programming services as well, but with meetings taking place over phone or Google Hangouts instead of in person.

I can also do a knowledge transfer on the Twitter feed I made for you guys. That part is pretty simple and that shouldn't take too long.

Jon

Chris Agocs

Mar 15, 2015, 11:28:19 PM3/15/15
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jonathan, I'd love to take you up on that knowledge transfer some evening. Let me know when's good for you.
-Chris

Tom Green

Mar 18, 2015, 7:15:29 PM3/18/15
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chris

In January, we sat in on two DJ sessions - one was Aaron with Sara and another, me with Kyle Akerman. Just sort of watched them operate and juggle all of the things required to do a show asking a lot questions along the way. I think we have some really good data to support some of the changes we're proposing to the DJDB and Playlist Tracker UIs. We saved all of our notes (and some photos) in Evernote and Google docs. A great UX research exercise, really!

If you recall, I showed the dev group a few mockups for the DJDB when we met last time (including a more engaging home with album art, improved navigation of the app and usability improvements to album details, search results and crate management). I'll iterate on those and try to validate the designs with Kyle Akerman next week. I imagine Aaron can do the same with Sara.

One thing I'm still trying to wrap my head around is a tighter UI integration between DJDB and Playlist Tracker. Working on it but would love the team's input.

Anyway, I'll have more to share if we meet in a few weeks as a team.

Might have mentioned this - my expertise is in user experience - interaction design and research. That said, my coding skills are none.

-Tom