Re: Technology Meetup Next Week?

Chris Agocs

Oct 31, 2014, 10:27:50 AM10/31/14
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've moved this to the Chirp Dev list. We absolutely should have a meeting sometime in the next few weeks.

I've put up a doodle here. Please let me know when you can make it!

Thanks,
Chris

On Thu Oct 30 2014 at 11:36:02 PM Shawn Campbell <sh...@chirpradio.org> wrote:
Hey guys,

Can you move the discussion to chir...@googlegroups.com so other people who might be interested in the project could get involved too?

Thanks,
--Shawn

Shawn Campbell
General Manager, CHIRP Radio
4045 N. Rockwell Chicago, IL 60618
http://chirpradio.org

Please consider becoming a sustaining member of CHIRP Radio today at http://chirpradio.org/donatenow.   Thanks!

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 8:39 PM, Chris Agocs <ch...@agocs.org> wrote:
Hey Billy,
This weekend's a little rough for me. Monday evening?
-Chris

On Thu Oct 30 2014 at 8:23:35 PM Billy Kalb <bi...@chirpradio.org> wrote:
Hey everyone,

Obviously it's Thursday and I'm unfortunately booked tonight -- Chris and Jon, if you made plans to meet up separately, that's awesome; if not, what if we did an afternoon meet-up this Saturday? Any interest?

-BK

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Chris Agocs <ch...@agocs.org> wrote:
Hey Jonathan,
I'd say that sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm open Thursday evening. Let me know where you want to meet up!
-Chris

On Mon Oct 27 2014 at 9:37:11 AM Jonathan Carson <jonathan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm back from China. I was wondering if anything had been decided organizationally as far as who wants to work on what? I'm going to have a ton of free time starting about two weeks from now and would like to touch base with a few of you before then if possible. If we wanted to do an in-person thing I'm available Thursday-Sunday this week. Over email works fine for me too though.

Jon

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Billy Kalb <bi...@chirpradio.org> wrote:
Aw, crap -- I'm just realizing that people were saying Thursday was just as good (if not better). Sorry, Jenn, I didn't mean to exclude you here -- it's been an insane couple weeks in general and my mind is obviously elsewhere, so I read you as advocating for Tuesday as well.

Assuming we have a productive gathering tonight, let's plan another meetup in a few weeks, maybe closer to Jon C's return to the states? And this time I'll actually read my emails more closely.

Sorry again.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Jenn Rourke <Je...@chirpradio.org> wrote:
I'm out, too. Sorry. But do let me know how it goes.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Tony Breed <to...@chirpradio.org> wrote:
Hey—I won't be able to make it tonight. I didn't think I'd be able to make it any night, actually. Hope it goes well!

Tony.

On Sep 23, 2014, at 10:46, Billy Kalb <bi...@chirpradio.org> wrote:

Okay, let's move forward with meeting tonight then -- let's say 7pm. If you can make it, please do.

My address is 926 N. Fairfield. Chris, I realized that I wasn't sure whether you're still on crutches; I live on the second floor, so there are a few stairs -- please let me know if that's an issue. If it is, I propose as an alternative that we meet at the Blind Robin on Western near Iowa, which has good beer and shouldn't be too loud at that hour.

Chris, if you want to look at some of our code beforehand, it's all up on our GitHub page: https://github.com/chirpradio

If anyone has any questions and wants to contact me directly, my number is 612-817-5278.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Patrick Masterson <pmast...@chirpradio.org> wrote:
I'll stay flexible - Tuesday or Thursday are both okay though I don't know how early I'd be able to make it up to the station if we decided to do it there. Probably wouldn't be earlier than 7. Billy, I could get to your place early (6-ish) if we still wanted to do it there.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Billy Kalb <bi...@chirpradio.org> wrote:
Anyone else? John? Patrick? Peter?

If this is just not a great date for everyone, we can try to reschedule. (I was overconfident in my get-things-done abilities, and I don't have beer on tap yet after all.)

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 7:48 PM, Jenn Rourke <Je...@chirpradio.org> wrote:
I vote for Thursday and home brew. I was going to do some work at Chirp Thursday afternoon anyway.

On Friday, September 19, 2014, Jon Carson <jonathan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey guys,

I'd be happy to be involved but only via email. I am on a flight to LA as I write this, and on Monday I am traveling from LA to Guangzhou, China. This is a work trip and I'll be back around October 20. I still plan on working on chirp stuff while I am out there.

Jon

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2014, at 3:42 PM, Billy Kalb <bi...@chirpradio.org> wrote:

Awesome. Any strong feelings from anyone else? I'm actually hoping to have some homebrewed beer on tap at home (Humboldt Park, near Chicago & California) by then, if that sweetens the appeal of meeting in my living room.

Looping in Jenn, Peter, and Tony just for good measure here -- you're all invited as well.

We can always do the station instead of there's a benefit to being able to access, say, the Linux server, or the import process. But if we just want to talk and share notes, I figure we can be flexible about meeting places. Tech folks, speak up about your needs and preferences, please and thanks.

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Chris Agocs <ch...@agocs.org> wrote:
Hey y'all,

Billy's right -- Tuesday and Thursday after around 5:30 work really for me. I work in the Loop, so I can get just about anywhere by train. I haven't been in Chicago very long, so I don't have a good concept of bars, cafes, etc. outside of my immediate area; I'll gladly meet up wherever.

-Chris

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:10 PM, Billy Kalb <bi...@chirpradio.org> wrote:
Hey everyone,

Chris, this is Jon -- he's another tech-savvy volunteer who's been looking at our digital library system. Jon, this is Chris, a new volunteer with tech chops looking to get involved. The other guys involved here are John and Patrick, my music co-directors.

I thought I'd loop everyone in on the same conversation to see if we can find a time to meet. Chris and I had talked about an evening next week, maybe Tuesday or Thursday. I can do either one. We could meet at the station, or if we want to do a more casual thing, we could meet at a cafe, a bar, my apartment, whatever. Let me know what you all think.

--
Billy Kalb
Music Director

CHIRP Radio
4045 N Rockwell St
Chicago, IL 60618
www.chirpradio.org

Help keep CHIRP Radio strong at www.chirpradio.org/donatenow!

--
Billy Kalb
Music Director

CHIRP Radio
4045 N Rockwell St
Chicago, IL 60618
www.chirpradio.org

Help keep CHIRP Radio strong at www.chirpradio.org/donatenow!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

--
Billy Kalb
Music Director

CHIRP Radio
4045 N Rockwell St
Chicago, IL 60618
www.chirpradio.org

Help keep CHIRP Radio strong at www.chirpradio.org/donatenow!

--
Billy Kalb
Music Director

CHIRP Radio
4045 N Rockwell St
Chicago, IL 60618
www.chirpradio.org

Help keep CHIRP Radio strong at www.chirpradio.org/donatenow!

--
Jenn Rourke
Production Director, DJ
CHIRPRadio.org
je...@chirpradio.org
http://twitter.com/midwestninja
http://twitter.com/chirpradio

--
Billy Kalb
Music Director

CHIRP Radio
4045 N Rockwell St
Chicago, IL 60618
www.chirpradio.org

Help keep CHIRP Radio strong at www.chirpradio.org/donatenow!

--
Billy Kalb
Treasurer, Board of Directors

CHIRP Radio
4045 N Rockwell St
Chicago, IL 60618
www.chirpradio.org

Help keep CHIRP Radio strong at www.chirpradio.org/donatenow!

Billy Kalb

Nov 7, 2014, 5:47:00 PM11/7/14
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to be behind the curve, but I just posted my availability -- it looks like the afternoon of Saturday the 15th is pretty promising! Should I reserve the main space at the CHIRP studios? Chris, let me know what you think.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ChirpDev" group.

Chris Agocs

Nov 7, 2014, 6:46:38 PM11/7/14
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Billy, I'd say that sounds like a capital idea. Saturday the 15th at 1 PM at the studio. Let's talk offline to come up with an agenda.

Jonathan, I'll loop you in on agendachat too.

-Chris

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/chirpdev?hl=en

---