chirp tracker

john serafin

Dec 4, 2018, 10:58:17 PM12/4/18
to ChirpDev
Hi all...Not sure if this group is an ongoing concern, but I've got a Rails app here:
that recreates ex-DJ Kyle Wheliston's CHRVVVVVVVP site (or whatever it was). For those of you not here back then, it was a site that helped track songs by album, by DJ, by day, etc. Also includes links to Discogs and Last.fm.

It's pretty raw right now. I could use some help with ideas, front end and finding a host w/ decent cron options. Would like to get this up / running and pass it on the station.

Let me know what you think,
-john

Billy Kalb

Dec 5, 2018, 10:36:44 AM12/5/18
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Hey John, this is super exciting, and I hope other folks will contribute! This was by far one of the most helpful tools available to our DJs, and we've been hoping for a way to replace it ever since it got taken down. I don't have any Rails experience, but let me know if I can be helpful re: the concept and features.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ChirpDev" group.

Kumar McMillan

Dec 6, 2018, 5:53:53 PM12/6/18
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Hi John. That sounds interesting. Could you add some documentation for how to set it up locally for development?

john serafin

Dec 6, 2018, 10:43:26 PM12/6/18
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kumar,
I added a bit of a README...apologies if it's not detailed enough. I'm a bit of a n00b.

Pretty raw as it stands right now. Looking forward to collaborating w/ someone on this.
-john

Kwame Shorter

Dec 7, 2018, 10:56:51 AM12/7/18
to chir...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Glad you're picking this project up again. I'm interested in collaborating (or just learning alongside as I'm not well versed in Ruby on Rails—a few introductory learning modules mostly focused on form/syntax and I'm not sure how much I've retained). I have a slightly better understanding of Angular, which I'm a novice at.

Kwame