Is there any RISC-V Processor with Vector Extension?

Jongsang Yoo

Jul 10, 2024, 9:26:53 PMJul 10
to Chipyard
Hello.

I am Yoo Jong-sang who is doing a master's program in the ESCA laboratory of computer science at Korea University located in Korea.

I'm currently interested in implementing a Custom Vector instruction. Is there a core that supports Vextension in Chipyard?

If not, is there a related open source to support?

Best Regard,

Jerry Zhao

Jul 10, 2024, 9:36:01 PMJul 10
to chip...@googlegroups.com
I hope to open source our implementation within a month from now.

-Jerry

Jongsang Yoo

Jul 10, 2024, 10:23:18 PMJul 10
to Chipyard
Thank you for your answer.

How can I search in the future to find related information?

I also wonder if you have any additional plans to be integrated into Chipyard

- Jongsang

2024년 7월 11일 목요일 오전 10시 36분 1초 UTC+9에 jerr...@berkeley.edu님이 작성:

Jerry Zhao

Jul 10, 2024, 10:39:48 PMJul 10
to chip...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it will be integrated into Chipyard. I'll likely send an email on this list when it is ready.

-Jerry

Jongsang Yoo

Jul 10, 2024, 10:44:43 PMJul 10
to Chipyard

Thank you, Jerry, for your quick and detailed response.

I look forward to the upcoming release and any updates you will provide through the mailing list.

Best regards,

Jongsang Yoo

2024년 7월 11일 목요일 오전 11시 39분 48초 UTC+9에 jerr...@berkeley.edu님이 작성:

Tung Hoang

Jul 11, 2024, 8:23:23 PMJul 11
to chip...@googlegroups.com
There is an open-sourced for RV vector ISA but it was built on the top of Boom core

/T

Muhammad Akhtar

Jul 19, 2024, 2:55:12 AM (9 days ago) Jul 19
to chip...@googlegroups.com
I thought Rocket-Chip had already added Vector Extension support? Is it not the case?

Jerry Zhao

Jul 19, 2024, 3:17:25 AM (9 days ago) Jul 19
to chip...@googlegroups.com
The vector unit for Rocket and Shuttle will be released soon, with chipyard integration.

-Jerry