Hwacha Segmentation Fault

이하나

Aug 7, 2023, 12:55:30 AM8/7/23
to Chipyard
Hello everyone,

I am trying to run a simulation on the basic HwachaRocketConfig but keeps on giving me segmentation fault error as shown below. Usually it would just print the "help" messages but it keeps on having a segmentation fault. Any help would be appreciated.

Additional info:
  • The Hwacha environment is set up using chipyard 1.10.0 and built with esp-tools.
  • Pure vanilla, no other changes in any files or builds or configs.
  • Any hwacha related configs all return with segmentation fault.
  • Gemmini configs also return with segmentation fault if there are 4 or more cores on the config.

segmentation_fault_hwacha.png

Mahmoud Ahmed

Aug 8, 2023, 3:40:18 AM8/8/23
to Chipyard
I don't see you are passing a binary file. usually I am running with make CONFIG=<config name: TutorialMMIOConfig> run-binary BINARY=<binary code : ../../tests/gcd.riscv>

이하나

Aug 8, 2023, 9:53:49 AM8/8/23
to Chipyard

Hi,

I have replied only to the author about the error so I write it here again.

I have tried the make command however it still gives the same segmentation fault error but now returned by the makefile instead (error 139).
error_message.png
start_of_make_command.png
Message has been deleted

Xiao Peng

Jun 16, 2024, 2:32:20 AMJun 16
to Chipyard
Hi,I Got the same problem when  I Simulate The Default Example.
Have you solved this problem yet?