Calling peaks in repeats region ChIP-Seq

dinodi...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2013, 12:29:34 AM7/15/13
to chi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am performing ChIP-Seq for Candida species. The reference available is at the Supercontig level.

I had performed the alignment of my 72 bp reads with the reference using Bowtie with parameters -v 3 --best -m1. I called peaks using Homer and obtained peaks exactly where I found enrichment in my PCR. But, except for one Supercontig. I re-did the alignment again with Bowtie using parameter -v3 and nothing else. This time I obtained peaks which were twice as greater in size than the previous alignment (Got peak this time in all Supercontigs). I suspect the Supercontig which did not show enrichement earlier had repeat regions. How do I tackle this issue? What parameters should I give in Bowtie so that I restrict same read aligning at multiple position and also make sure the best alignment is performed as to eliminate false positive results.Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kushal

Anton

Jul 16, 2013, 11:52:05 AM7/16/13
to chi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kushal,

not an expert on Bowtie unfortunately. Perhaps refer to their manual to determine how to output unique best alignment.
Anton