QuEST Parameters for ATAC-Seq

Liang

Jun 3, 2015, 3:49:16 PM6/3/15
to chi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have questions regarding QuEST parameter setting for ATAC-Seq and would appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Q1. There’s no input control file for ATAC-Seq, so I type my command line as the following. It could run, but do you think it’s correct?

~/Desktop/QuEST_2.4/generate_QuEST_parameters.pl -sam_align_ChIP ./ATAC-G5-01.sam -gt ./genome_table -ap ./QuEST_analysis -ChIP_name QuEST_ATAC-G5-t1

Q2. I have troubles to select parameters that suit ATAC-Seq and I am wondering if anyone has recommended parameters (ChIP enrichment, ChIP extension enrichment, and the value of peak shift) for ATAC-Seq. I highlight my selections in red.

 ----------- QuEST parameter configuration -------------

What kind of ChIP experiment is this?

1. Transcription factor with defined motif and narrow (punctate) binding site
   resulting in regions of enrichment 100-300 bp wide.
   (bandwidth = 30 bp, region_size = 300 bp)

2. PolII-like factor resulting in regions of enrichment 300-1000 bp with
   some narrow binding sites and some wide sites possibly occupying
   the entire gene length.
   (bandwidth = 60 bp, region_size = 600 bp)

3. Histone-type ChIP resulting in wide regions of enrichment
   1Kb and up possibly occupying multiple genes.
   (bandwidth = 100 bp, region_size = 1000 bp)

4. Neither, I would like to configure individual parametrs myself.

Please specify your selection [1-4]: 1

Let's now determine QuEST peak calling parameters.
(Parameters below are optimized for human and mouse data
when default stack collapsing is performed).

Choose one of the following options:

1. Stringent peak calling parameters.
   ChIP enrichment                 = 50
   ChIP to background enrichment   = NA
   ChIP extension enrichment       = 3

2. Recommended peak calling parameters.
   ChIP enrichment                 = 30
   ChIP to background enrichment   = NA
   ChIP extension enrichment       = 3

3. Relaxed peak calling parameters.
   ChIP enrichment                 = 10
   ChIP to background enrichment   = NA
   ChIP extension enrichment       = 3

4. Neither, I want to specify peak calling parameters myself.

Please specify your selection [1-4]: 4
Please specifty ChIP enrichment (1 or greater, recommended 30): 3
Please specify the ChIP extension enrichment (1 or greater, recommended 3): 2

The following parameters were specified for running QuEST:

positive_region_size               :  300
KDE_bandwidth                      :  30
ChIP_seeding_fold_enrchment        :  3
ChIP_extension_fold_enrichment     :  2
ChIP_to_background_fold_enrichment :  NA

Would you like to run QuEST analysis now? (y/n): y
.
.
.
peak shift mean: NA
peak shift median: NA

QuEST failed to identify regions to determine peak shift estimate.
Do you want to override the value of peak shift? (y/n): y
Please enter the value of peak shift (recommended 50): 50
---------------------------------------

Maybe the best way is to try and compare different parameters, but I think it would be much better if I could have your experience/suggestions first.

Thank you very much.

Best,

Liang
Message has been deleted

Anton

Jun 3, 2015, 8:00:40 PM6/3/15
to chi...@googlegroups.com, yclian...@gmail.com
I posted the answer to a different thread. You can post there if you have more questions.
Thanks, Anton