Is GABP GABPa or GABPb?

Antonio Gomes

Mar 17, 2014, 6:48:55 PM3/17/14
to chi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anton,

I have a question about the GABP TF from reported in the Quest paper.
Is it GABPa or GABPb? This was not detailed in the manuscript.

thanks,

Antonio

Anton

Mar 28, 2014, 8:58:54 PM3/28/14
to chi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tonhao,

it was a GABPa antibody.

Best, Anton

Antonio Gomes

Mar 29, 2014, 11:41:51 AM3/29/14
to chi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anton,

Thank you for the answer. Is GABPa antibody specific to GABPa or does it also immuno-precipitate GABPb?

Antonio

--

---

Anton

Apr 14, 2014, 2:10:31 PM4/14/14
to chi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonio,

I am not sure whether it has specificity for GAPBb. Perhaps email the vendor for more info.
Richard Myers lab (Hudson Alpha) was using this antibody in the past. They may know about non-specific interactions.
Very best, Anton.

On Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:41:51 AM UTC-7, Tonhão wrote:
Hi Anton,

Thank you for the answer. Is GABPa antibody specific to GABPa or does it also immuno-precipitate GABPb?

Antonio

Antonio Gomes

Apr 14, 2014, 2:17:39 PM4/14/14
to chi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Anton,

Thank you very much for the reply. This is all I need.

Best,

Antonio