Preferred setup

Simon Sarginson

Apr 26, 2014, 11:18:56 AM4/26/14
to chip...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Reading through the documentation it seems like this is the preferred setup:
- FPGA: Cyclone IV DE0-Nano Starter Kit
- Laptop with USB connection
- OS: Ubuntu
- Quartus II Web Edition: http://dl.altera.com/?edition=web
- ModelSim Altera Starter Edition: http://dl.altera.com/?product=modelsim_ae#tabs-2

Is there anything else that we need or would come in handy?

Simon

Andrew Back

May 1, 2014, 11:13:10 AM5/1/14
to Simon Sarginson, chip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,
Not that I can think of right now — that seems pretty comprehensive :o)

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Back
http://carrierdetect.com

Julius Baxter

May 1, 2014, 11:17:51 AM5/1/14
to Andrew Back, Simon Sarginson, chip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon, Andrew,

I'm going to review this tutorial and bring it up to date with the
latest and greatest OpenRISC tool chains and SoC environments and the
like, so those requirements *may* change, although you're probably
right with what you have there. Keep an eye on this list, though, for
when the latest information goes live.

However, as has been mentioned on the list recently, in light of how
troublesome the tool install was for some at the previous chiphack,
I'm going to look at preparing a VM for people to work in, which will
have as much of this pre-installed as possible. I hope to have the
details of this available within a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Julius