Thanks!

paul.l...@gmail.com

May 25, 2014, 3:50:10 PM5/25/14
to chip...@googlegroups.com
My thanks to all the organizers who made the Cambridge ChipHack event such a success.  I learned a lot and met some impressive people who has lots of good things to say.  The post-session beer drinking helped round things off too.

I know that TANSTAAFL, but this came pretty damned close!

Paul

saar drimer

May 25, 2014, 3:56:36 PM5/25/14
to paul.l...@gmail.com, chip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Paul!

Personally, I'm glad to hear that it has been useful to you. The purpose of this workshop, in my view, is to smooth the entry into FPGA design so it isn't so overwhelming and daunting. I hope that everyone is now able to continue on with more complex FPGA designs.

This is the second time we're running this workshop, and every time we learn how to make it better.

Thanks for participating,
saar.

Simon Sarginson

May 25, 2014, 5:17:24 PM5/25/14
to chip...@googlegroups.com, paul.l...@gmail.com
I wholeheartedly agree, I learned so much these two days. It was a difficult topic and although I still have to think of something to use my FPGA, I feel like I can make use of it now. Thank you so much everyone involved in organising it, as well as Embecosm and Makerspace for facilitating.
Simon

Simon Sarginson

May 25, 2014, 5:20:57 PM5/25/14
to chip...@googlegroups.com, paul.l...@gmail.com
Also a suggestion for next time, maybe do one simple project that people can take from start to finish within the two days some room to experiment to make it their own? Working with a led grid or small low res screen or camera as peripheral might be interesting as it might quite suited to parallel workflow?
Simon