Reminder for Open Science Meeting Sunday 9/16/2012, 3:30PM

Anthony Barker

Sep 15, 2012, 10:10:28 PM9/15/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com, Steven Finkelman, Shawn Blaszak
Hello Everyone,
This is a reminder that there will be an Open Science meeting this Sunday, September 16th at 3:30 PM. Since our last meeting we've established a science area in the workshop where we'll be holding this month's meeting.

In addition to our usual discussions, major topics for this month's meeting will be:
1. Choose a microscope and ask the board to buy it for us. The PS1 administration has promised to match any private funds for a microscope. So we currently have $100+$100 matching towards a microscope. Most of the microscopes we have looked at are in the $200-$300 range, so we will most likely need to raise a little more.

2. Design the clean room in detail and schedule a build-out party to create it.
--Anthony Barker

Ben Hyink

Sep 16, 2012, 10:02:11 PM9/16/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com
I showed up slightly early but couldn't find anyone. I assumed I had
the wrong date and left (I just attended a Second Friday event in
Pilsen). I should have asked people present if it was in fact the
third Sunday of the month as I had thought.

Where were you hiding? :)

Ben

Anthony Barker

Sep 17, 2012, 8:32:37 AM9/17/12
to Ben Hyink, chiop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,
We were probably hiding in new open science area of the workshop. Although we did try to look around for stragglers elsewhere in the space. I'm sorry we didn't catch you.
--Anthony Barker

trae>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sep 17, 2012, 10:15:53 PM9/17/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com
i came by around 5:30. not anywhere near on time.
saw the space, looks good.
i'm closing up the video store this month so my time is limited but i'll try to come by and draw scaled utility & floorplans before the first build day. i'd like to investigate where all the pipes and ducts lead and map it out.

Q:
1. anyone at ps1 already begun a CAD of the place, by chance?

2. when's a good build day for everyone? i work friday and saturdays so sunday or most weekdays are open for me.

early october i'll be leaving town till spring. so i'm interested in doing whatever work i can fit in before then.

-trae

Gerry

Sep 25, 2012, 11:08:59 PM9/25/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com, something...@email.com

Trae -

I am usually available on weekdays during the afternoon.

-- Gerry

trae>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sep 26, 2012, 1:35:54 PM9/26/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com
unfortunately my schedule has now filled up. i'm working 6 days a week before i leave town on the 5th.
so this sunday is my only opportunity to do anything. i can come by early and make schematics of the lab space.
is anyone going to be there to let me in?
actually a can make some early morning builds also if someone else is down.
-trae

sheila miguez

Sep 28, 2012, 2:11:52 PM9/28/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if I can be around Sunday due to feeling not so well
(maybe it won't linger). I want you to be able to come by though, and
was wondering if you could check online to see if anyone is already
there. What time were you wanting to come by?

http://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/Visiting has information the irc
channel, so you can jump in and ask.

I'm usually online during m-f and sometimes the weekend, and my nick
is skay. Even if I'm not around it's likely you can find someone.
--
sheila

Josiah Zayner

Nov 3, 2012, 11:33:16 AM11/3/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com, Steven Finkelman, Shawn Blaszak
Tried to post something a few days ago to this list and it never showed up. Was wondering if the moderation is just extremely slow or if the post was moderated for some reason. Maybe you guys could help?

ChemHacker

Nov 3, 2012, 11:45:34 AM11/3/12
to ChiOpenSci
yeah, there were only a few managers. I just added a few more so maybe
moderation will go a little faster now.

congrats Steve and Anthony, you're now managers of this list.

On Nov 3, 10:33 am, Josiah Zayner <opensciencechic...@gmail.com>