hyde park Fwd: [PS1-Public] Donating Science Equipment to PS1

sheila miguez

Dec 11, 2012, 11:42:12 AM12/11/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com
I am unable to step up as a leader for this, but I had the impression
that a lot of people in Hyde Park wanted an open science space. If
this is true, having multiple people to help from Hyde Park might help
make the lab happen. I don't know what he was able to find in terms of
space and cost, but perhaps more eyes on the logistics could help.

Dec 11, 2012, 3:30:28 PM12/11/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com
i'm coming into town tonight, for a week, can help anyone with a car in this endeavor.
my schedules is open, but nights only
just hit me up,
312 208 0971
trae

Gregory Putzel

Dec 12, 2012, 12:12:45 PM12/12/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com, josiah...@gmail.com
Hi Josiah,
Thanks for your generosity. I think PS1 will be a good home for all
that equipment, and hopefully you can participate in making the PS1
open science lab a reality. Our project has seemed moribund recently,
but maybe this will inject some life into it. Also, if you end up
teaching a biochemistry/molecular biology course there I will
definitely sign up!
As far as moving all the equipment, we owe it to you to get that done
before Jan. 1 so you don't have to pay for storage. Personally, I am
leaving town for two weeks tomorrow (Dec 13th), to return Dec. 28th.
So either tonight or in late December I am willing to do whatever I
can (including rent a U-Haul). When are you free to meet up?
PS1 Open Science people -- who can participate in moving the stuff,
and when? This is a great opportunity that we shouldn't pass up.
-Greg

trae>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dec 12, 2012, 1:09:28 PM12/12/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com, josiah...@gmail.com
i can lend my hands tonight, just call me later
i'm shoppin for gloves right now, brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
312 208 0971

Josiah Zayner

Dec 12, 2012, 1:44:18 PM12/12/12
to trae&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,&gt,, chiop...@googlegroups.com

Thanks everyone. Great that there is so much interest. I have the keys to the locks on the unit. Maybe it would be good to just give PS1 a copy and then people can move the stuff when they have a chance/over time. We can always pay the extra month if needs be. Perhaps I can stop by PS1 this weekend on Sunday afternoon or next weekend and drop off a key and meet some people and such.

Slf

Dec 12, 2012, 4:20:23 PM12/12/12
to chiop...@googlegroups.com, ps1-di...@googlegroups.com, something...@email.com, gregp...@gmail.com
Josiah,

Let's meetup at ps1 on Sunday 23 dec to take care of this.

This needs to be coordinated with ps1.

What is the status of ChiOpenScience as an organization? I'll ask this in another thread.

I'd like to see your stuff being used with a purpose. Not by a few. Even if it means storing it in some way in the interim or forwarding it to other open sci orgs if Psone can't accommodate a lab at the moment.

You are talking about handing over keys  to stuff  in storage. I presume that you have some kind of agreement with the storage space. The agreement has to be handed off, as it's a legal agreement. This can only be done by certain board members.

Some of us, myself included have committed to helping you out and moving ahead.

We also Need to consider the space it will take up, utilization, and the consideration of the other members.

Steve F.