C-SPAN video clip of NWBI Dragon Dance Team in the Inaugural parade. Enjoy-

Inspiration

Feb 20, 2009, 12:53:57 AM2/20/09
to World Chinese Teachers Network

Dear Educators:

Here are some Proud Chinese American News to share (please see below).

1). 2009 AP Annual Conference--main conference program--"Ace Strategy
and Effective Teaching for AP Chinese Oral Presentation" (75 minutes--
Presenter--Terry Wang, AP Coordinator, Trainer, WIS,NWBI)

2). NWBI Dragon Dance Team was performing on VIP stage at President
Obama 2009 PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURAL PARADE.

College Board AP Annual Conference

Dear Hsu Terry :

Congratulations, and thank you for submitting your proposal to the
2009 AP Annual Conference. On behalf of the Steering Committee, we are
pleased to inform you that your session,

" Ace Strategy and Effective Teaching for AP Chinese Oral
Presentation"

, has been included in the main conference program.

The AP Annual Conference will be held at the Grand Hyatt, San Antonio
and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, Texas July
15th through July 19th. The main conference portion of the conference
will take place on Friday, July 17th and Saturday, July 18th. In the
coming weeks our conference coordinator, Mary Gargan, will be
contacting you with the date and time of your session, logistics,
deadlines, and planning instructions related to your presentation, as
well as other conference details. Mary will be your primary liaison
during the upcoming months.

Email: mga...@collegeboard.org , Phone: 212 713 8169, Fax: 212 649
8442

All presenters are required to register for the conference. As a
presenter, you are entitled to a reduced conference rate for the main
conference portion of our program. You may access the registration
form through this link.
http://www.collegeboard.com/email/downloads/N20100_09_0517_AP_AC09RegForm_Presenter_WEB_090113.pdf

Please complete the form and return it with payment via fax or mail to
the attention of Mary Gargan no later than February 19th.

Also, please share this link you’re your copresenters. It is your
responsibility to share all logistical information with them

Please let us know immediately if you are unable to present.

We value your commitment to the AP Annual Conference, and look
forward to seeing you in San Antonio.

Sincerely,

Effie Agapitou

Associate Director, AP Annual Conference

----------------------------------
Dear Friends:

Happy New Year!
NWBI Dragon Dance Team was performing on VIP stage at President Obama
2009 PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURAL PARADE-

http://www.nwbi.us/nwbi/NEWS/20090105_180328.php

Subject: NWBI on today's Washingtonpost news-Metro Front Page

link on the web site: http://gallery.pictopia.com/wpost/gallery/4528/photo/xt-mt-25-211309/.

On the news paper, it diplayed the text about NWBI in the annual
Chinese New Year parade and one picture about New World Bilingual
Institute Chaampion Gavel Club Leaders--Dragon team--Gary Huang is the
Dragon Head Holder, and 3 court ladies, from left --LiLi Zeng,
Eunice Wu , and Diana Li.

NWBI (www.nwbi.us) Proudly Presents:
New World Bilingual Institute NWBI All Star Dragon Dance Team, the
only Asian Team ( 23 members ) that was Officially Invited and
Selected to Represent the (CCBA) of all Chinese American to perform at
parade and in front of VIP President's stage at 44th President Obama
2009 PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURAL PARADE on January 20 INAUGURAL Day.

Here is the attached link for our dragon team shown on TVBS news. (In
Chinese)

http://n.yam.com/view/mkvideopage.php/20090119916745

Here is a C-SPAN video clip of NWBI Dragon Dance Team in the
Inaugural parade. Enjoy-

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/flash/player-time.html?start=2009-01-20%2018:44:17&stop=2009-01-20%2018:46:18&net=1

Please see the story and photo files attached for more information on
our Dragon Team.

http://www.nwbi.us/nwbi/NEWS/20090105_180328.php

http://www.nwbi.us/nwbi/NEWS/20090105_160134.php

http://www.nwbi.us/nwbi/CULTURAL/20071205_145009.php

http://www.nwbi.us/nwbi/CULTURAL/20071203_135238.php

http://www.nwbi.us/nwbi/CAMP/20080828_130402.php

Cost and Itinerary are list below. All previous trips can be seen at:

http://www.nwbi.us/nwbi/view.php?catalog=Camp

http://www.nwbi.us/nwbi/CAMP/20080219_150013.php