The College Board is conducting a search for two positions: Assistant Director, Chinese Language & Culture Initiatives # 2747

Inspiration

Aug 17, 2011, 10:33:18 AM8/17/11
to World Chinese Teachers Network

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

The Assistant Director will be primarily responsible for the Confucius
Institutes & Classrooms program, a collaborative initiative with
Hanban which supports the development of K-12 Chinese language
programs in the US. The Assistant Director will maintain constant
communication with all participating districts, organize ongoing
professional development for teachers and administrators, and promote
the program to new districts. The Assistant Director will collaborate
with other team members on ongoing programs, participate in all
related events and meetings, and provide weekly updates on progress to
the Executive Director. This position will be resident at either our
New York City headquarters, or our Midwestern Regional Office in
Chicago, Illinois, and requires fluency in Mandarin Chinese.

Program Associate, Chinese Language & Culture Initiatives #2745

The Program Associate will provide overall administrative support to
our Chinese Language & Culture Initiatives unit in New York and in
Chicago. The Program Associate must be flexible and be able to work
simultaneously with multiple staff on various projects. This position
is resident at our New York City headquarters and requires advanced
Mandarin Chinese language skills. Please note that the College Board
is unable to provide sponsorship for non-US citizens and non-green
card holders.

Please note that the College Board is unable to provide sponsorship
for non-US citizens and non-green card holders.

If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position
and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by visiting
our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers. Please search for
the job title and submit your resume with a brief, introductory cover
letter.
Program Associate, Chinese Language & Culture Initiatives #2745

The College Board, a national educational organization, is searching
for a Program Associate who will provide overall administrative
support to our Chinese Language & Culture Initiatives unit in New York
and in Chicago. This position is resident at our New York City
headquarters and requires advanced Mandarin Chinese language skills.
Please note that the College Board is unable to provide sponsorship
for non-US citizens and non-green card holders.

POSITION SUMMARY
The Program Associate, Chinese Language & Culture Initiatives will
provide administrative and budgetary support for the Relationship
Development-Asia department based in NY, and the Executive Director of
Chinese Language & Culture Initiatives unit, based in Chicago. The
Program Associate must be flexible and be able to work simultaneously
with multiple staff on various projects.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide general administrative support to Associate Director,
Relationship Development- Asia, and to the Executive Director of
Chinese Language and Culture Initiatives
• Maintain database of constituents in China that use College Board
products and services.
• Maintain database of US schools which offer Chinese language courses
and participate in College Board related programming
• Assist with ordering, organizing and shipping of materials for AP
events in China.
• Collect, process and document registration documents from China for
school code, AP fairs and AP professional development events
• Arrange travel logistics for Vice President, Associate Director of
Relationship Development- Asia and Executive Director
• Oversee and manage calendars for Vice President and Executive
Director
• Assist with and coordinate on-site meetings and events with
delegations from China
• Prepare routine correspondence, internal reports and minutes from
meetings; monitor incoming communications, and prepare administrative
reports to include monthly, quarterly, and other special request
reports.
• Handle software and hardware problems in the unit
• Coordinate technology needs with IT staff

QUALIFICATIONS
Education/Experience:
• Bachelors degree required
• Possesses advanced proficiency of Mandarin Chinese
• 1-2 years of responsible administrative experience required.

Related Skills & Other Requirements:

• Language skills: advanced verbal and written communication skills in
Mandarin required; familiarity with Chinese culture required;
experience living in China preferred.
• Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft office applications,
particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, word processing skills and
Access
• Ability to do online research
• Excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through
• Ability to work independently and as part of the team
• Strong customer service orientation essential

[...]

• Good interpersonal skills
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to troubleshoot computer problems and other office equipment

BENEFITS

We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes
4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition
reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.

APPLY

If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position
and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by visiting
our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers. Please search for
the job title and submit your resume with a brief, introductory cover
letter.

MISSION

The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success
and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization
committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known
products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.

The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-
Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand
that only qualified applicants will be contacted.