蒙恬筆

TenThousandThings

Feb 14, 2009, 11:12:15 AM2/14/09
to Chinese Mac
PenPower has a new edition of their "TAB403" 4x3-inch tablet bundle
with HandWriter that supports Mac OS X 10.4 and above. See here:

http://store.penpowerchinese.com/xtab403winmacx.html

Somewhat cheaper than the 10x6-inch Tooya Pro bundle:

http://store.penpowerchinese.com/mac.html

Also the HandWriter software is available separately for the Tooya
Pro, for those who didn't get it bundled:

http://store.penpowerchinese.com/pehasoftopr.html

Fabian Fang

Feb 14, 2009, 1:38:29 PM2/14/09
to chine...@googlegroups.com
2009/2/14 TenThousandThings <hello....@gmail.com>

PenPower has a new edition of their "TAB403" 4x3-inch tablet bundle
with HandWriter that supports Mac OS X 10.4 and above. See here:

http://store.penpowerchinese.com/xtab403winmacx.html

Somewhat cheaper than the 10x6-inch Tooya Pro bundle:

http://store.penpowerchinese.com/mac.html

For a limited time, they are running a "Chinese New Year" special, nominally for "returning customers" and friends.  I believe that anyone can take advantage of it, and receive a 20% discount by entering the Promotion Code "chineseyear" on the order page.

Fabian

Joe Wicentowski

Feb 14, 2009, 11:35:48 PM2/14/09
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this info, Eric and Fabian. On my order form (for the 4x3
tablet bundle) I included the following comment: "I purchased this
because of the Mac OS X support. Please continue to support Mac OS!"
Since it's a cross-platform product, I thought it would be helpful for
PenPower to know they're getting new customers by supporting OS X.

- Joe

sutra

Mar 1, 2009, 9:03:42 PM3/1/09
to Chinese Mac
Anybody purchased it from Amazon?
Amazon has a better price for Tooya Pro. Does it bundled with Penpower
Handwriting Software ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/rebates/B000YDDXDO/sr=8-1/qid=1235959139/ref=dp_rebates_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=electronics&qid=1235959139&sr=8-1

thanks!
tee

Fabian Fang

Mar 1, 2009, 9:39:32 PM3/1/09
to chine...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM, sutra <chines...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anybody purchased it from Amazon?
Amazon has a better price for Tooya Pro. Does it bundled with Penpower
Handwriting Software ?

The Amazon item is the tablet without Chinese Handwriter software.

sutra

Mar 2, 2009, 6:30:07 PM3/2/09
to Chinese Mac

On Mar 1, 6:39 pm, Fabian Fang <ftf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Amazon item is the tablet without Chinese Handwriter software.

Thanks! This helps.

One more question because I am unable to tell from
http://store.penpowerchinese.com/mac.html

In this page:
> http://store.penpowerchinese.com/xtab403winmacx.html
豐富功能 list.

Does Tooya Pro bundle include with everything listed in "豐富功能 list."?
I am presuming they are the features of Handwriting but they are not
listedin Tooya Pro page, so which is confusing.

TenThousandThings

Mar 2, 2009, 6:58:41 PM3/2/09
to Chinese Mac
On Mar 2, 6:30 pm, sutra <chinesedr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One more question because I am unable to tell fromhttp://store.penpowerchinese.com/mac.html
> Does Tooya Pro bundle include with everything listed in "豐富功能 list."?
> I am presuming they are the features of Handwriting but they are not
> listed in Tooya Pro page, so which is confusing.

See here for a list of features in the Tooya Pro Handwriter software:

http://store.penpowerchinese.com/pehasoftopr.html

Note that you can get the Tooya Pro for $120 (marked down from $170)
and buy the software separately from PenPower for $30. I believe the
end result is the same as buying the complete package from PenPower
for $200. Might as well take advantage of Amazon's discount!

Eric

Fabian Fang

Mar 2, 2009, 11:02:40 PM3/2/09
to chine...@googlegroups.com
2009/3/2 sutra <chines...@gmail.com>

I suggest that, for further questions, you may wish to contact directly:

DP Deng
Vice President, Penpower Inc.
46520 Fremont Blvd. Suite 610
Fremont, CA 94538
Tel: 510-897-6600 x6603
Fax: 510-897-6606
e-mail: dpd...@penpowerinc.com

I presume that he is considerably more knowledgeable about PenPower hardware/software products than members of this List.  I have dealt with him.  He is very good, and in a position to discuss special arrangements with you.

Fabian

sutra

Mar 6, 2009, 8:30:05 PM3/6/09
to Chinese Mac

> DP Deng
> Vice President, Penpower Inc.
> 46520 Fremont Blvd. Suite 610
> Fremont, CA 94538
> Tel: 510-897-6600 x6603
> Fax: 510-897-6606
> e-mail: dpd...@penpowerinc.com
>
> I presume that he is considerably more knowledgeable about PenPower
> hardware/software products than members of this List.  I have dealt with
> him.  He is very good, and in a position to discuss special arrangements
> with you.
>
> Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Thank you so much for the info. I ordered one from Amazon, once it
arrives, I will see to order the PenPower software. See from the
address that they are located in Fremont, not far away from where I
live. Might drop by if that is possible :)

gjerlov

Mar 11, 2009, 6:57:32 AM3/11/09
to Chinese Mac
Hi,

Can someone help me with the version number of "Penpower Handwriting
Software". I currently have version 6.0 (Mac). Is this a newer
version?
http://store.penpowerchinese.com/pehasoftopr.html

If not then ho do you enable the "Full-screen continual writing"?

Best!
Anders

Fabian Fang

Mar 11, 2009, 11:38:27 PM3/11/09
to chine...@googlegroups.com
2009/3/11 gjerlov <gje...@gmail.com>

Can someone help me with the version number of "Penpower Handwriting Software". I currently have version 6.0 (Mac). Is this a newer version?
If not then ho do you enable the "Full-screen continual writing"?

The PenPower "TAB403" bundle, that Eric referred to in starting this thread, and I bought in February, came with two software CDs, one with Mac PenPower Pen Version 6.1.

Assuming that I understand your second question above, there is a "Full Screen Switch" icon on the Tool Bar, that toggles between Full Screen Mode and Writing Pad Mode.

Did your software come with one of the two PenPower tablets?  The two included CDs provide user manuals in TC, SC and English, in addition to a printed Quick Guide for Macintosh (in TC and English) and a Manual for Windows (in TC).

Fabian

gjerlov

Mar 12, 2009, 5:28:28 AM3/12/09
to Chinese Mac
Hi Fabian,

On 12 Mar., 04:38, Fabian Fang <ftf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/11 gjerlov <gjer...@gmail.com>
>
> Can someone help me with the version number of "Penpower Handwriting
>
> > Software". I currently have version 6.0 (Mac). Is this a newer version?
> >http://store.penpowerchinese.com/pehasoftopr.html
>
> > If not then ho do you enable the "Full-screen continual writing"?
>
> The PenPower "TAB403" bundle, that Eric referred to in starting this thread,
> and I bought in February, came with two software CDs, one with Mac PenPower
> Pen Version 6.1.
>
> Assuming that I understand your second question above, there is a "Full
> Screen Switch" icon on the Tool Bar, that toggles between Full Screen Mode
> and Writing Pad Mode.
Hmm - ok. That must be either a feature of the 6.1 software - or I
can't locate the switch on the 6.0 software window. I seem to be only
able to get the writing pad mode.

> Did your software come with one of the two PenPower tablets?  The two
> included CDs provide user manuals in TC, SC and English, in addition to a
> printed Quick Guide for Macintosh (in TC and English) and a Manual for
> Windows (in TC).
Yes. I bought the Tooya Pro bundle last year. And although I had some
installation problems, I eventually got it working with the help of
the company. I have since hardly used it for two reasons. First of the
tablet is relativly large, so having to transport that back and forth
all the time is a bit annoying, and secondly because I initially
thought there would be full screen writing support. The writing pad
mode doesn't suit me much.

Could I trouble you to make a small movie where you just write a few
characters. 30$ is not a lot, but I'd really like to see how it works
before I spend it. And maybe I should consider going for the new
bundle to get the smaller writing pad now that I'm at it.

Best!
Anders

TenThousandThings

Mar 12, 2009, 8:04:05 AM3/12/09
to Chinese Mac
I wouldn't assume that the $30 package contains version 6.1. Be sure
to confirm that before you buy it.

Fabian Fang

Mar 13, 2009, 9:58:06 AM3/13/09
to chine...@googlegroups.com
2009/3/12 gjerlov <gje...@gmail.com>

Yes. I bought the Tooya Pro bundle last year. And although I had some
installation problems, I eventually got it working with the help of
the company. I have since hardly used it for two reasons. First of the
tablet is relativly large, so having to transport that back and forth
all the time is a bit annoying, and secondly because I initially
thought there would be full screen writing support. The writing pad
mode doesn't suit me much.

Could I trouble you to make a small movie where you just write a few
characters. 30$ is not a lot, but I'd really like to see how it works
before I spend it. And maybe I should consider going for the new
bundle to get the smaller writing pad now that I'm at it.

I will leave the "product demo" to PenPower Customer Service/Technical Support staff, who will no doubt be better at it than I.  For those who are reluctant to contact them for whatever reason, my own experience over some years has shown that they are generally competent and eager to please.

A quick search of the PenPower, Inc. website, at <http://www.penpower.net/usa_chinese_en>, uncovers the fact that their Chinese HandWriter software has recently been updated to Version 6.1b.  Registered owners of their tablet bundles can download it free of charge after providing hardware "Registration Code."  Version history does not indicate "Full Screen Mode" as a new feature for Version 6.1.  Your Version 6.0 must already have it.

Tablet size is a different issue, unrelated to software features.  I had considered getting the "Tooya Pro" bundle last year, but decided that it was too bulky for my own setup.  When DP Deng, the PenPower VP whom I mentioned in a previous message for this thread, informed me that a smaller tablet for Mac users was under development in Taiwan, I was glad to wait for it.

Fabian

gjerlov

Mar 13, 2009, 10:09:58 AM3/13/09
to Chinese Mac
Hi Fabian,

> I will leave the "product demo" to PenPower Customer Service/Technical
> Support staff, who will no doubt be better at it than I.  For those who are
> reluctant to contact them for whatever reason, my own experience over some
> years has shown that they are generally competent and eager to please.

> A quick search of the PenPower, Inc. website, at <http://www.penpower.net/usa_chinese_en>, uncovers the fact that their
> Chinese HandWriter software has recently been updated to Version 6.1b.
> Registered owners of their tablet bundles can download it free of charge
> after providing hardware "Registration Code."  Version history does not
> indicate "Full Screen Mode" as a new feature for Version 6.1.  Your Version
> 6.0 must already have it.
No - after checking the manual for 6.1 I think it's a 6.1 feature.

There should be a free upgrade. However there's a database mismatch
somewhere. So I can't currently download the update to 6.1... Wrote to
them, an I hope to get a response soon.

> Tablet size is a different issue, unrelated to software features.  I had
> considered getting the "Tooya Pro" bundle last year, but decided that it was
> too bulky for my own setup.  When DP Deng, the PenPower VP whom I mentioned
> in a previous message for this thread, informed me that a smaller tablet for
> Mac users was under development in Taiwan, I was glad to wait for it.
Yeah... I wish I'd waited...

Oh well.

Best!
Anders

PS. Anybody know any good calligraphy practice software (Mac or
Windows)

Handwriter

Mar 18, 2009, 8:53:43 PM3/18/09
to Chinese Mac
Hi

Only v6.1b has "full-screen" feature. That is the new release on 2009.
If you purchase before that, it maybe the old version on the disc.
Just go to this link and download new version. It is free upgrade for
sure if you have our tablet already.

LLC403 tablet
http://www.penpower.net/usa_chinese/5_0service/5_1_1_02download.html

Tooya handwriting tablet
http://www.penpower.net/usa_chinese/5_0service/5_1_7_01download.html

gjerlov

Mar 19, 2009, 5:04:46 AM3/19/09
to Chinese Mac
Hi,

On 19 Mar., 01:53, Handwriter <brianlee680...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Only v6.1b has "full-screen" feature. That is the new release on 2009.
> If you purchase before that, it maybe the old version on the disc.
> Just go to this link and download new version. It is free upgrade for
> sure if you have our tablet already.
>
> LLC403 tablethttp://www.penpower.net/usa_chinese/5_0service/5_1_1_02download.html
>
> Tooya handwriting tablethttp://www.penpower.net/usa_chinese/5_0service/5_1_7_01download.html

I got it downloaded and installed. It works great, and is now on par
with the windows software that I previously used. Now the only problem
is that I still feel that the Tooya Pro tablet is a bit too big, but
I'll probably live with that ;)

Best!
Anders

NewJourney

Sep 2, 2017, 12:35:58 AM9/2/17
to Chinese Mac
Hi,

I just purchased a Penpower hand writer TAB403 for my 5 year old son to learn chinese to speak to his Shoalin Master. Can someone please help assist me on giving me a link to downloading the right software for it. Preferably Chinese and English. I Bought it from someone and it had no cd or anything. Can someone sell me there old cd and all of that software to install. Or lend it to me and I can install and send it right back.

Hien Dinh

Sep 12, 2017, 12:40:47 PM9/12/17
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have tried to install the software but was unable to. I only have the pad but no tablet. The software can not find the tablet and is unable to recognize the system.

Sent from my iPhone

Eric Pan

Sep 12, 2017, 12:40:47 PM9/12/17
to Chinese Mac