Pinyin typing u as in 女 or 绿

V C

Sep 22, 2011, 1:02:14 PM9/22/11
to Chinese Mac
Hi all,

I'm sure it's a simple answer, but I can't find it via Google
anywhere.

If I'm typing in Pinyin, and I type "nu" or "lu", how do I let the
computer know I want it to be "nü" or "lü"?

Right now, I have to scroll down a very LONG list to get a simple word
OR I have to type a two-character string and backspace one of the
characters.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Judith M. Amory

Sep 22, 2011, 5:33:47 PM9/22/11
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Depends on the software, but in most cases typing "v" will get you ü. That works in Imkqim.

Judy Amory (jma...@post.harvard.edu)

> --

Message has been deleted

Mengye Ren

Sep 22, 2011, 8:38:37 PM9/22/11
to chine...@googlegroups.com
v will be the keyboard replacement for ü.
lv = lü
nv = nü

Yan

Sep 23, 2011, 9:55:44 AM9/23/11