U.K. Passengers Infected; Italy Halts Carnival: Virus Update

1 view

Ubiquitous

Feb 24, 2020, 9:26:31 AM2/24/20
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2020-02-22/coronavirus-international-spread-video

Italy canceled public events in the north of the country including the Venice
Carnival after coronavirus infections rose to 132 and a travel ban affecting
about 50,000 people southeast of Milan was implemented. South Korea raised
the country’s infectious-disease alert to the highest level after a 20-fold
increase in cases in five days.

The U.K. said four passengers who arrived Saturday from the Diamond Princess
cruise ship in Japan tested positive for the virus. Three passengers on the
ship have died and another tested positive after arriving home north of
Tokyo, despite a negative reading during the ship’s quarantine. The latest
developments underscored that the focus on averting a global pandemic is now
outside China.

China’s top leadership pledged further fiscal and monetary steps to help
growth rebound, while finance chiefs from the world’s biggest economies,
gathering in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, fretted over the risks. The IMF said the
outbreak could put the global economic recovery at risk.

Key Developments
• Sixth patient dies in Iran, a second in Italy and a third in South Korea
• China cases rise to 76,288, with 2,345 fatalities, as of Saturday
• South Korea cases surge among church members
• Word awaited from WHO mission to Wuhan

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020-wuhan-novel-coronavirus-outbreak/

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

"Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."

Feb 24, 2020, 10:58:35 AM2/24/20
And, all the while, the USA media are pretty much
ignoring this serious disease. Federal officials even
wanted to put known infected US citizens from the
Diamond Princess into a decrepit development in
the middle of Costa Mesa, CA called "Fairview" .

Costa Mesa filed suit and a Federal judge, thankfully,
put a stay on housing/quaranteening Covid-19 patients
there where spread would be inevitable.

WTF is going on???

--
Yours Truly, Sir Gregøry

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only
the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to
teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
--Henry David Thoreau

Byker

Feb 25, 2020, 7:55:02 PM2/25/20
""Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."" wrote in message

> And, all the while, the USA media are pretty much
> ignoring this serious disease. Federal officials even
> wanted to put known infected US citizens from the
> Diamond Princess into a decrepit development in
> the middle of Costa Mesa, CA called "Fairview" .

Small wonder the city of Costa Mesa was outraged over the prospect of Kung
Flu patients being quarantined here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL_BskOCtxI

Opened in 1959, this place eventually became such a hellhole that the state
shut it down last year: https://www3.dds.ca.gov/Fairview/FairviewPop.cfm

"A family member got molested here at Fairview on August 3 2018 this
facility needs to be closed down!! Administration & supervisors are very
unprofessional here. They change the story a million times I would not
recommend this place to anyone. Workers here take advantage of the disabled
which is not right. The staff here at Fairview just tells a bunch of lies to
cover themselves up. Clients here at Fairview need justice to be served and
it just makes me sad."

"My brother, Van Ingraham, was the victim of a homicide at Fairview, at the
hands of a caregiver. The Fairview police force, called the Office of
Protective Services, did not even take a crime report. We later learned that
Fairview was routinely ignoring abuse of the disabled, and was regularly
covering up assault / rape / abuse cases by staff. After hundreds and
hundreds of abuse and death cases that were not investigated were uncovered,
the state began shutting Fairview down. They will be shut down within the
next year, as well as all the other facilities across the state. The poor
little angels that lived in these torture chambers are being placed in
small group homes, where they can receive decent care and proper
investigations by real police forces, into any crimes against them. Read the
national stories written by Ryan Gabrielson, starting with "Manner of Death:
Undetermined". Place in your browser "Van Ingraham" for details, which show
the atrocities by Fairview."

In a way this hits home: It's a fifteen-minute drive from where I used to
live...