Racist Democrat Mayor Wu's Boston City Council holiday party invitations draw criticism

Racist Chink Stink

Dec 15, 2023, 3:35:03 AM12/15/23
It was a festive atmosphere at the last scheduled Boston City
Council meeting of the year on Wednesday. There were gifts, smiles
and even group pictures. But there was also tension over a holiday
party not everyone on the council was invited to.

"I don't get offended. You don't want me at a party, I am not going
to come to the party," outgoing City Councilor Frank Baker said.

It all started with an email sent out by a city employee on Tuesday
on behalf of Mayor Michelle Wu, inviting all city councilors to an
"Electeds of Color Holiday Party" being held Wednesday night. About
15 minutes later, the same staffer sent out an email apologizing for
sending out the invite to all city councilors. The mayor said the
party is just intended for minority elected officials.

"There are many, many events that are private events for all
different sorts of groups, so we've clarified that and look forward
to seeing everyone at one of the dozens of other opportunities to
celebrate the holidays together," Wu said Wednesday, just hours
before the party.

"I think we all have been in a position at one point where an email
went out and there was a mistake in the recipients, so there was
truly just an honest mistake that happened in issuing the
invitation," she added.

Wu said the "Electeds of Color Holiday Party" has been held for more
than a decade without any issues.

After Wednesday's City Council meeting, two councilors attending the
event defended the party.

"It is not at all divisive, it is creating spaces for people, and
communities and identities with shared experiences to come
together," said Ruthzee Louijeune, Boston city councilor-at-Large.
"We are still breaking barriers and it is so important for us to
carve out and create that space."

Outgoing City Councilor Ricardo Arroyo agreed

"I think someone wanted to make this inflammatory, and they have
clearly succeeded -- I have two microphones in my face asking me
about an annual holiday party and whether or not I should care about
their feelings that there is a holiday party for people of color
they weren't invited to because they don't share those experiences,"
he said.

"The fact of the matter is much-to-do about nothing in terms of
having a holiday party," Arroyo added. "In no way is it supposed to
be divisive, causing any friction, and in my experience most of my
colleagues are aware the EOC exists."

Baker, who attended his last scheduled city council meeting on
Wednesday, said the party sends the wrong message for a council long
plagued by infighting.

"I think the holidays is a time for people, everybody, to get
together, so we will see what happens," Baker said. "I do find it
divisive, but what are you going to do about it?"

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/mayor-wus-boston-city-council-
holiday-party-invitations-draw-criticism/3218893/