KeyCleaner on MS with Pandora

Macflame

Jul 25, 2008, 3:15:23 PM7/25/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
Is there a way of running Keycleaner when using a Pandora battery?
I have a PSP slim that is not booting (I do not know the history, I
bought it that way.).
I can get Pandora to boot and DC5 to install but when I reboot,
nothing.
I tried DC4 and 3 same result. I then tried formatting lFlash. Re-
install DC5, still the same.
I am now thinking corrupt keys. But can anyone throw some light on
this problem?

ChillyW...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2008, 11:44:42 AM7/26/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
On Jul 25, 1:15 pm, Macflame <patrickmccrea...@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:

> Is there a way of running Keycleaner when using a Pandora battery?
> I have a PSP slim that is not booting (I do not know the history, I
> bought it that way.).

Yes, but it wouldn't do you any good. The keys on the Slim are
encrypted and can only be read/written by KC or IDSM at the XMB. Use
nandTools 0.3b1 on the Slim at the Pandora level.

> I can get Pandora to boot and DC5 to install but when I reboot,
> nothing.
> I tried DC4 and 3 same result. I then tried formatting lFlash. Re-
> install DC5, still the same.
> I am now thinking corrupt keys. But can anyone throw some light on
> this problem?

The keys are probably not the issue. Bad flash partition 1 is the
likely culprit. What you want to try is this:

Save the NAND just as it is as a backup.
Get someone else's NAND image.
Use nandTools to write just the partitions... don't overwrite the
idstorage area.
See if it boots then.

If that doesn't work, it's almost certainly a hardware issue, not a
software one.