fix key for an upgrade to 3.80 M33

GionnY

Feb 7, 2008, 9:36:25 AM2/7/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
Hi,

I'm gone describe my situation the best I can. Here it goes:

Proud owner of an PSP 1001 with TA-082 (IC003 on the back). I
currently have 3.52 M33-4 installed and I want to upgrade to 3.80M33.

I have all the files I need (upgrader from DA site and the 3.80 FW
from psp-hacks site). I start the upgrade but I get the message that
my Idstorage keys are not good and stopped there.

I run KC v1.4 analyze and see this:

key 0x0004 ... failed! This key is clear and shouldn't be.
key 0x0005 ... failed! This key is a copy of the key 0x0004.
key 0x0006 ... failed! This key is a copy of the key 0x0005.

The conclusion of the analyze is that my PSP is noobz soft-downed. LOL
of course it is, I done it (i'm a noob)

Now since I'm kinda noob regarding the inside actions of an PSP,
please advise if the KC will properly fix my keys so I can continue
upgrading. I hope that this message will not offense anyone, it's not
my intention to do this. I care about my PSP and I don't want to see
it useless (a shiny brick).

ChillyW...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2008, 2:24:12 PM2/9/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
On Feb 7, 7:36 am, GionnY <dionu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm gone describe my situation the best I can. Here it goes:
>
> Proud owner of an PSP 1001 with TA-082 (IC003 on the back). I
> currently have 3.52 M33-4 installed and I want to upgrade to 3.80M33.
>
> I have all the files I need (upgrader from DA site and the 3.80 FW
> from psp-hacks site). I start the upgrade but I get the message that
> my Idstorage keys are not good and stopped there.
>
> I run KC v1.4 analyze and see this:
>
> key 0x0004 ... failed! This key is clear and shouldn't be.
> key 0x0005 ... failed! This key is a copy of the key 0x0004.
> key 0x0006 ... failed! This key is a copy of the key 0x0005.
>
> The conclusion of the analyze is that my PSP is noobz soft-downed. LOL
> of course it is, I done it (i'm a noob)

:)

I like your sense of humor. In case someone doesn't get it, Noobz was
the group that released the downgrader he used to put 1.50 on his PSP.

> Now since I'm kinda noob regarding the inside actions of an PSP,
> please advise if the KC will properly fix my keys so I can continue
> upgrading. I hope that this message will not offense anyone, it's not
> my intention to do this. I care about my PSP and I don't want to see
> it useless (a shiny brick).

Yes, KeyCleaner will fix PSPs downgraded in that manner. That is
specifically what KeyCleaner was written to do - fix the simple
problems created by the older downgrading methods. IdStorage Manager
was created to help people deal with more complex issues, and for
developers for easier experimentation with the idstorage keys.

You should go ahead and fix the keys. Once you do, KeyCleaner will
report all the keys as good, but the key 5 is Chilly Willy patched.
That is fine - don't unpatch key 5. KeyCleaner allows people to
unpatch key 5, which you can do if you are running a custom IPL, or if
you are running HomebrewENabler on official firmware. When you upgrade
to 3.80 M33/3.90 M33, the M33 Updater will automatically take care of
key 5 for you. Key 5 is the ONLY key the M33 Updater will handle,
which is why it doesn't work on your PSP right now (because you have
bad keys 4, 5, and 6).

GionnY

Feb 11, 2008, 6:45:45 AM2/11/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
Thanks for your reply,

Now I'm on 3.80 M33-5, phew, you did take a great burden of my poor
soul :D.

I did as you told me and everything went smooth.

Thanks a lot for you help and thank you for being here for people like
me.

PsychoPyros

Feb 13, 2008, 1:59:26 AM2/13/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
Manage to fix my problem while updating from 3.52 M33-4 to 3.71 M33-3.
trying to update to 3.80 M33 and there is an message stating:

System configuration of this PSP does not appear to be correct. The
update cannot be complete. Please ctntact our technical support.
(DRNFFFFFFCD).
Anyone could advice me what went wrong? Thanks in advance.

My PSP : Fat, TA082.

ChillyW...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2008, 2:30:58 AM2/13/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
From lan.st thread on idstorage:
DRNFFFFFFCD = key 0x5 header is not "g k l C" (in hex: 67 6B 6C 43)

In other words, your key 5 is bad. If you're on 3.71 M33, your key 5
should NOT be patched. It should be the original state. Run KeyCleaner
and make sure of that. Key 5 should only be patched when you run 3.52
M33 or older custom firmware.

If you wish to look at the latest info about the idstorage, here's the
link: http://lan.sh/showthread.php?p=8377

PsychoPyros

Feb 13, 2008, 9:29:26 PM2/13/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
Hi all,
I need some advises from anyone here.

This is what I face when I tried to update my current 3.71 M33-3 to
3.90 M33 CFW

Verifying 390.PBP...ok
Verifying u235prx...ok

Some of you idstorage keys have not the correct value,probably due to
a downgrader. In order to continue, press X to restore the correct
values, press R to exit.

I did download Chilly Willy Key Cleaner v1.4 and tried to fix and this
is what I see.

Checking key 0x0005 okay Chilly Willy patched key 5 found
Checking key 0x0041failed Read Key returned code 0x80000025
The rest of the key Okay.

I also did download idstorgae manager v1.3 and actually it didn't fix
anything.

My current Fat PSP is using TA-082/86 motherboard and please enlighten
me what should I do next. Thanks inadvance.

PsychoPyros

Feb 13, 2008, 8:36:51 AM2/13/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
I'm still couldn't update 3.80M33 so I tried to update 3.90M33 instead
I saw these messages:

Some of youe idstorage keys have not the correct values,probably due
to a downgrader. In order to continue, press X to restore the correct
vslues, press R to exit. Should I press X to restore?

When I run Key Cleaner this is what was shown:

Checking Key 0x0005 okay Chilly Willy patch key 5 found.
Checking Key 0x0041 failed! Read Key returned code 0x80000025

The rest all ok.

Please advise what's the next step i should do. Thanks in advance

PsychoPyros

ChillyW...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2008, 4:22:01 PM2/14/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
I keep the group here moderated so that spam isn't a factor. You
should wait for me to post your message (and respond to it) before
posting other messages that are related. No one can respond because
they won't see them until I post them.

Okay, key 0x41 is one of the few keys KeyCleaner will not fix when
it's bad by itself. Here's how to take care of that:

Run IdStorage Manager (IDSM).
If key 0x41 doesn't exist (error code 0x80000025), create it. It will
be all zeroes at that point.
Dump the keys.
Replace the 0x0041.bin file with a good one. You can do that by
hexediting the 0x0041.bin file there, or by substituting one you got
from a good PSP or someone with a good PSP.
Run IDSM again.
Verify/fix the keys. IDSM will see that 0x0041.bin doesn't match the
key in the idstorage and ask if you wish to replace it with the
contents of the file. Press X to do so.
Run KeyCleaner and check that the key is indeed good.

Note that if you have a TA-086, you also need a good key 8. If your
key 8 is missing, you should fix it using the same method as for 0x41.

PsychoPyros

Feb 15, 2008, 12:11:41 AM2/15/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
Hi Chilly Willy,

thanks and sorry i didn't mean it to double post or SPAM here. I
thought my PC is giving me some problem after I click replay I don't
see any post and I keep trying ended seem like it because SPAM. I'm so
sorry about that. Again thanks for the advice. CHEERS.
> key 8 is missing, you should fix it using the same method as for 0x41.- Hide quoted text -

ChillyW...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2008, 2:31:25 AM2/16/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
On Feb 14, 10:11 pm, PsychoPyros <garyts...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
> Hi Chilly Willy,
>
> thanks and sorry i didn't mean it to double post or SPAM here. I
> thought my PC is giving me some problem after I click replay I don't
> see any post and I keep trying ended seem like it because SPAM. I'm so
> sorry about that. Again thanks for the advice. CHEERS.

No problem. The only reason I even mentioned it publicly is so that
(hopefully) others won't do the same thing. There are levels of
moderation in the google groups, and given this is a personal group
concerning my PSP development, I prefer a little stricter moderation
that others would use for their groups.

I didn't consider your posts spam, you just need to slow it down a
bit. :)

PsychoPyros

Feb 19, 2008, 9:13:29 AM2/19/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
Hi Chilly Willy,

Thanks for your non-stop good advising.

I tried to unpatch key 5 it said:

Do you wish to unpatch key 0x0005? Please note that an unpatched key
0x0005 will brick a TA-082/86 with 1.50 or custom firmware unless you
have installed a custome IPL to prevent this.

Please enlighten me again: What is IPL? How can I install and get this
IPL? Big Thanks in advance.

Look at the post I linked above: http://lan.sh/showthread.php?p=8377

That error code says key 5 is bad. You're on 3.71 M33, so you don't
need key 5 patched. Make sure key 5 is unpatched.

ChillyW...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2008, 11:38:37 PM2/19/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
On Feb 19, 7:13 am, PsychoPyros <garyts...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
> Hi Chilly Willy,
>
> Thanks for your non-stop good advising.
>
> I tried to unpatch key 5 it said:
>
> Do you wish to unpatch key 0x0005? Please note that an unpatched key
> 0x0005 will brick a TA-082/86 with 1.50 or custom firmware unless you
> have installed a custome IPL to prevent this.
>
> Please enlighten me again: What is IPL? How can I install and get this
> IPL? Big Thanks in advance.

IPL = Initial Program Loader. It's the code that loads the firmware.

All custom firmwares up through 3.52 M33 used the 1.50 firmware as the
core. As such, they all brick if key 5 isn't patched (unless you also
install a custom IPL to keep it from bricking). Starting at 3.60 M33,
D_A switched to a 3.xx firmware core, so the IPL is for 3.xx and won't
brick if key 5 isn't patched. So the general rule of thumb is:

1.50, 3.00 to 3.52 custom firmware - patch key 5
3.60 to 3.90 custom firmware - don't patch key 5

PsychoPyros

Feb 20, 2008, 4:02:59 AM2/20/08
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
Hi Chilly Willy,

BIG BIG thanks :) I will tried it tonight once I get home. How I wish
I have half of ur talent. :)