Trying to compile Wolf3D for the PSP

Benjamin McLean

Jun 2, 2017, 10:52:39 AM6/2/17
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
I have been working on trying to compile Wolf3D for the PSP, with the eventual goal of porting Super 3D Noah's Ark to the PSP.

The v6.0 source code was missing the makefile so I've tried to adapt the makefile from the v5.2 source code.

However, I've run into a problem of the SVGAlib dependency. Anyone know how to install that? I'm trying to use the MinPSPW sdk on Windows 10.

I've got my fork going on Github. https://github.com/BenMcLean/Wolf3D-PSP

Any help or pointers trying to get this to compile would be appreciated.

Joe Fenton

Jun 2, 2017, 4:03:02 PM6/2/17
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
Wow, almost forgot I had this group. :)

You're including files you shouldn't. Just because a file is part of a port doesn't mean it should be added.

        Src/vi_svga.o \
        Src/vi_xlib.o \

Remove those lines. The PSP port use SDL, so the vi_sdl file is the only one that should be in the PSP makefile. Those other two files are for two other completely different ports to other systems.

And for the record, I have NO IDEA where the original makefile went! My backups of the v6 source don't have it.

It's good to see someone getting some use from this.