need help

Vigilant_JAB

Nov 16, 2007, 10:44:33 AM11/16/07
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
ive got the psp slim and when i start the game it says, the game could
not be started (80020148),

i put the doom file in the game file

can you help.

ChillyW...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2007, 12:18:33 PM11/16/07
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
First, remember that like all homebrew, DOOM needs custom firmware to
be installed before you can run it. If you're on official Sony
firmware, you'll need to install 3.71 M33-3 from Dark_AleX. You can
find guides on doing so on most PSP forums, like MaxConsole, QJ.net,
and exophase.

Assuming you do have custom firmware, simply un-zip the Doom folder
from the zip file into the GAME or GAME371 folder of your Slim. All
the files in the Doom folder are required for Doom to run. Simply
copying the EBOOT.PBP will fail. Note, you don't need to do anything
with the src folder in the zip. That's just for developers and people
interested in the source code to Doom.

Vigilant_JAB

Nov 16, 2007, 1:56:26 PM11/16/07
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow

when i start the 3.71 M33-3 from Dark_AleX it tells me that , the game
could not be started (80020148)

any ideas of what i could do.

ChillyW...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2007, 2:32:34 AM11/19/07
to Chilly Willy's Ice Flow
:)

You can't just run the custom firmware installer on official Sony
firmware. Sony would NEVER allow that. It's a lot more complicated.
Read the MaxConsole guides and ask there if you have any questions. I
don't deal with CFW issues here.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=78542