Posting

Joe

May 8, 2012, 1:29:01 PM5/8/12
to ChileHeads
It might be nice if there was a place we could
all post to with the assurance that the posts would
arrive.
Of late all my posts have gone fishing in the null
void
I post... it seems to arrive at it's destination and
then it disappears.
Never to be seen again.
Today my post to Chile...@globalgarden.com bounced.
I'm beginning to become more paranoid than usual.
Was it my breath?

Jose

Jim Graham

May 8, 2012, 1:37:15 PM5/8/12
to ChileHeads
On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 10:29:01AM -0700, Joe wrote:
> It might be nice if there was a place we could
> all post to with the assurance that the posts would
> arrive.

This list is currently inactive because it is only a backup
for the real Chile-Heads list, which looked like its domain
was going to expire...but didn't. So this is still here as
a backup in case, some day, the real list goes away.

> Today my post to Chile...@globalgarden.com bounced.

If you tried to send to the adress above, it's no wonder it
bounced...it doesn't exist. Try posting to the Chile-Heads
list: chile...@globalgarden.com instead. :-) And btw,
that is the active list, not this one. This one is just
sitting here, sleeping.

Later,
--jim

--
THE SCORE: ME: 2 CANCER: 0
73 DE N5IAL (/4) | "> There it was, right in the title bar:

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html

Ed Kochanowski

May 10, 2012, 4:02:41 PM5/10/12
to Jim Graham, ChileHeads
The "real" list sucks,  i get the digest version and most of the time, the messages are months old when i see it.

May 10, 2012, 5:01:49 PM5/10/12
to Ed Kochanowski, ChileHeads
On 5/10/2012 15:02, Ed Kochanowski wrote:
> The "real" list sucks, i get the digest version and most of the time,
> the messages are months old when i see it.

Awwwww, poor baby. The digest is set so that it pumps out an issue of
the "digest" every so many messages. On a low-traffic list, such as
this has become, that means you are going to get messages with blue
mold and dust bunnies as they wait to get sent out.

You can fix that be switching to the regular list, you know.

You'll get no sympathy from me. You shot yourself in your own foot on
this. :-P

--
ENJOY!!!

From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAAAAHHHHOOOOAAAAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

... A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a
way that you actually look forward to the trip. -- Caskie Stinnett

Jim Graham

May 10, 2012, 5:04:09 PM5/10/12
to ChileHeads
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 01:02:41PM -0700, Ed Kochanowski wrote:
> The "real" list sucks, i get the digest version and most of the time,
> the messages are months old when i see it.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. And if you CC'd me, thinking I
could fix your personal issues, I can't.

Later,
--jim

--
THE SCORE: ME: 2 CANCER: 0
73 DE N5IAL (/4) | Peter da Silva: No, try "rm -rf /"