Chile-growing season is finished here

Mike S.

Nov 28, 2011, 6:28:26 PM11/28/11
to ChileHeads
Well, the hard freeze has finally hit North Alabama. I picked all the
serrano chiles off my plants, smoked them with hickory, pulverized/
sifted them and added them to the canister I've been filling all
summer. The final tally is 7 lb 9 oz, which is a lot of chile powder.
Luckily, I have numerous friends and family that enjoy getting it as
Christmas presents. Many people have asked me to sell it, but I tell
them it's too much work. I couldn't possibly make a profit, so it
remains a hobby. And, BTW, let's hope the Global Garden C-H list
survives beyond December...

- Mike
Carpe capsicum!