A Spicy Find at Shop Rite

RisaG

Jan 7, 2012, 10:39:51 PM1/7/12
to chile...@globalgarden.com, ChileHeads
I was at Shop Rite today to hit the CAN CAN Sale, my favorite sale of the year. As I was walking past the meat section, I noticed in the corner of my eye a bottle of sauce that i had never seen before. When I got closer, I saw "Jamaican Choice XXX Hell Hot Pepper Concentrate" and it had a picture of habaneros on it. I looked at the back and it says "Made in Jamaica". I looked at the price and it said $2.99 so I grabbed it. Not that I needed it but I had to try it.

Tonight I made a Black-Eyed Pea Curry so I thought that this would be appropriate. I sprinkled on some and it was hot. Definitely hot. I think I sprinkled on too much as I was sniffling after a few seconds.

This is really good stuff. First ingredient says "Hot Red Peppers" and in Jamaica that means either Scotch Bonnet or Habanero and the picture on the front definitely looks like habaneros. Steve and I really liked it. I think I am going to go back and get a few more bottles as gifts and I am going to stock up. I know that Hot Sauce Shops would want at least double for it. I real deal.

Thought I would let people know about my find.

RisaG

=Mark

Jan 10, 2012, 12:41:38 PM1/10/12
to chile...@globalgarden.com, ChileHeads, RisaG
I also made a spicy find at the local Shop Rite:� Sabra Hummus!� It's not
Risa's spicy hummus, but they do carry several spicy versions; Jalapeno,
Chipotle and "Supremely Spicy" versions.� They are healthy, low fat, gluten
free and actually pretty darn spicy!

http://sabra.com/products/category/Hummus

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 19:39:51 -0800 (PST), RisaG wrote

> --

Sent from my Keyboard�
--
=Mark