Garlic and pepper spray for aphids question

Peter Hirsch

Dec 3, 2011, 11:38:33 AM12/3/11
to chile...@googlegroups.com, Chileheads-Global
Back in the summer, I got some very useful feedback from some list
members, I recall Bob Opersteny (sp?) and maybe Sandy O. were among
them, on mixing up some combo of garlic and pepper to spray on my hab
plants that had aphids crawling on them. It worked even better than
they had told me it would and the buggers disappeared in a couple of
days.The plants grew and grew and now have about a couple dozen ripe
orange beauties ready for picking (they are inside, on a windowsill,
in case you are wondering why they are still growing and just ripening
in Dec.). A day or two ago, I noticed the first signs that some of
the leaves were definitely harboring a new crop of aphids (sticky
"honey" and little white crawly specks).

Since the last time I posted on this subject, I have had numerous mail
and computer meltdowns that have caused me to lose just about all of
my saved mail including any trace of the previous advice that worked
so well, so I am hoping that I can get the formula details once again
(or other organic-friendly ones).

Thanks in advance,

Punto in NYC