Para quienes lograron bajar Millennium

Valentin Marchant

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00
Build 2525.6 has been declared Release Candidate 1!

Dear Windows Me Testers,

We are proud to be releasing the Windows Millennium Edition RC-1 to the web
site and FTP server for download.
This is the same build (2525.6), as the build posted last Wednesday evening
as the weekly release.
Our testers completed our full test pass on this build and have determined
this build to be our first Release Candidate.
For those who already downloaded the build, please continue testing the
release as the RC-1.
For the rest of the team, 2525.6 is available for download at
http://xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxx/xxxxxxxx & ftp://xxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx

We would like to stress that we want to hear from each and every one of
you - if you have a great experience, let us know. If you hit something that
you think is a bug, file a bug report. We have hundreds of Microsoft testers
and thousands of beta sites so far telling us we're ready to go, we want to
get a great understanding of your experience to really augment that
confidence level into the stratosphere.

We are down to our last issues reported by our end-user and OEM beta sites.
We are very proud of this version and expect you to be very happy with it;
but like we said - we want to hear about your experience straight from you!

We'll be spinning out final Release Candidate builds fast and furious to
provide you with the most up-to-date builds with fixed issues - do not be
surprised if you see multiple RCs in a week instead of the regular build
once a week. We cannot emphasize enough how vital you are to our success.
You help reinforce the structure of our product on the backend, while being
our greatest supporters to friends and family that look to you for
assistance and advice on technical issues.

At this final stage before product release, we are looking for serious bugs
that affect your system's performance or stability, or any major regressions
from prior releases. Clear bug reporting is vital at this stage, as time is
of the essence. Anything that prevents you from installing, upgrading or
using the product in day-to-day use should be bugged immediately. Try out
all your favorite applications, games, hardware, try a digital camera, setup
a home network with our new home networking wizard, try out system restore,
and Windows Movie Maker! To clarify further based on some recent reports and
questions: we are past requests for more third party drivers, we are past
new feature requests, we are past cosmetic issues like picking Tahoma
instead of Times New Roman on some screens. the world is clamoring for the
product, let us know the crucial stuff so we can ship a great product in
time for this holiday season!

Installation Scenarios

When installing new Millennium builds please be sure to install using one
(or more) of the following scenarios:

Upgrade over Windows 95
Upgrade over Windows 95 OSR1
Upgrade over Windows 95 OSR2x
Upgrade over Windows 98
Upgrade over Windows 98 SE
Clean Install

Please note: Beta over Beta installations are not supported as they can
produce unexpected and irreproducible bugs.
Examples of a Beta over Beta installation scenario that is NOT supported:

Upgrade to WinME from one of the previously released OS's -> Uninstall
WinME -> Upgrade to the Next Interim Release
Upgrade to WinME -> Uninstall WinME -> Reinstall the Previous Operating
system into the same directory -> Upgrade to the Next interim release.

Sincerely,
The Consumer Windows Team

d j j o w a º i n t h e m i x

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00
:-))))

Gracias Tio Valentin por el link concedido....

Saludos

JoWa.-

Valentin Marchant <ch...@no.mas> escribió en el mensaje de noticias
moLW4.2347$if.2...@newscene.newscene.com...

Luis Carvacho

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00

> Build 2525.6 has been declared Release Candidate 1!
>
> Dear Windows Me Testers,

[...]

> Installation Scenarios
>
> When installing new Millennium builds please be sure to install using one
> (or more) of the following scenarios:
>
> Upgrade over Windows 95
> Upgrade over Windows 95 OSR1
> Upgrade over Windows 95 OSR2x
> Upgrade over Windows 98
> Upgrade over Windows 98 SE
> Clean Install

Sólo por curiosidad mística... Upgrade desde win 3.x no se considera?... O
es impensable a estas alturas?

----
Luis Carvacho B
Instituto de Geografía U.C.

Valentin Marchant

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00

"Luis Carvacho" <lcar...@puc.cl> wrote in message

> > Installation Scenarios
> >
> > When installing new Millennium builds please be sure to install using
one
> > (or more) of the following scenarios:
> >
> > Upgrade over Windows 95
> > Upgrade over Windows 95 OSR1
> > Upgrade over Windows 95 OSR2x
> > Upgrade over Windows 98
> > Upgrade over Windows 98 SE
> > Clean Install
>
> Sólo por curiosidad mística... Upgrade desde win 3.x no se considera?... O
> es impensable a estas alturas?

-------------
De momento que se puede instalar desde DOS, es muy probable que también se
pueda hacer desde win3x.
No lo he probado. Habría que contar con un PC en esas condiciones.

Eduardo Celis Novoa

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00
Hola Jowa:
Una duda: el otro día posteaste que ya no tenías modem cable (broadband
según le dio a VTR por llamarlo) Entonces, ¿qué tipo de conexión a internet
tienes? pues me imagino que debe ser una de las rápidas.
Saludos
Kuthe
d j j o w a º i n t h e m i x <c...@cv.cl> escribió en el mensaje de noticias
7WQW4.6079$%63.112770@maule...

> :-))))
>
> Gracias Tio Valentin por el link concedido....
>

> Saludos
>
> JoWa.-
>

> Valentin Marchant <ch...@no.mas> escribió en el mensaje de noticias

> moLW4.2347$if.2...@newscene.newscene.com...
> > Build 2525.6 has been declared Release Candidate 1!
> >
> > Dear Windows Me Testers,
> >
> > Installation Scenarios
> >
> > When installing new Millennium builds please be sure to install using
one
> > (or more) of the following scenarios:
> >
> > Upgrade over Windows 95
> > Upgrade over Windows 95 OSR1
> > Upgrade over Windows 95 OSR2x
> > Upgrade over Windows 98
> > Upgrade over Windows 98 SE
> > Clean Install

Eric Marinkovic

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
gracias por el dato...
hasta ahora todo marcha ok...

"Valentin Marchant" <ch...@no.mas> wrote in message
> [...]

Sephirot

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
la dura es impensable.....ningun computador con la capacidad de instalar
Millenium puede estar con un software tan obsoleto como Win 3.x y ningun
computador con Win 3.x instalado puede soportar Millenium.....
De hecho, conozco del caso de un weon que no cachaba absolutamente nada de
computacion, y que tenia instalado un PIII con Win 3.x....pero esos casos no
se pueden tomar en serio

Luis Carvacho <lcar...@puc.cl> wrote in message

> "Valentin Marchant" <ch...@no.mas> escribió en el mensaje

> > Build 2525.6 has been declared Release Candidate 1!
> >
> > Dear Windows Me Testers,
>

> [...]

> > Installation Scenarios
> >
> > When installing new Millennium builds please be sure to install using
one
> > (or more) of the following scenarios:
> >
> > Upgrade over Windows 95
> > Upgrade over Windows 95 OSR1
> > Upgrade over Windows 95 OSR2x
> > Upgrade over Windows 98
> > Upgrade over Windows 98 SE
> > Clean Install
>

> Sólo por curiosidad mística... Upgrade desde win 3.x no se considera?... O
> es impensable a estas alturas?

d j j o w a º i n t h e m i x

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
Hola Kuthe!:

Nop , ya no tengo VTR (solo me quede con una linda 3com cable modem)
Ahora solo bajo a traves de Chilesat y Telefonica (cuando no engancho con
CS)... a solo 56 Kbps...
Espero el desarrollo del CableModem por parte de MI , para volver a aquellos
buenos tiempos de
Download :_) Snif!

Saludos

JoWa.-

Ricardo Lemus

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
Sephirot <Per...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> la dura es impensable.....ningun computador con la capacidad de instalar
> Millenium puede estar con un software tan obsoleto como Win 3.x y ningun
> computador con Win 3.x instalado puede soportar Millenium.....
> De hecho, conozco del caso de un weon que no cachaba absolutamente nada de
> computacion, y que tenia instalado un PIII con Win 3.x....pero esos casos no
> se pueden tomar en serio

No es impensable, para nada.
Un ejemplo grande. Toda la plataforma del Banco de Chile esta hecho
en Win 3.11 for workgroup. Y funciona bien y estable.

--
Ricardo J. Lemus C. http://cipres.cec.uchile.cl/~rlemus
mailto:rle...@dcc.uchile.cl Rick Imp Comics Mud (mud.cec.uchile.cl 4040)

"No me gusta que otros me hagan perder el tiempo, mas a mi me encanta
perderlo en lo que yo quiera"
YO