1-7th August -World Breastfeeding Week

Deeksha Sharma

Aug 5, 2011, 3:50:24 AM8/5/11
to one-asia-breast...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

As we are celebrating World Breastfeeding week with theme "Talk to Me! Breastfeeding: a 3D Experience,” here 3D, the third dimension that is communication (1st dimension: time and 2nd dimension: Place)  is the foucs. Also this time the onus of doing this communication for protecting, promoting and supporting breastfeeding lies with us. Theme encourages us to talk about breastfeeding as a decision maker whose actions will inevitably affect the lives of others, as a caregiver (past, present, future), as an integral member of society and as a receiver and giver of knowledge and support.

While doing this we need to understand how to communicate the message...yesterday I read this article and thought of sharing with all of you as it precisely tell how to communicate what needs to be communicated...hope you all find this a good read.

Watch Your Language By Diane Wiessinger, M.S., IBCLC
http://www.drmomma.org/2010/04/watch-your-language.html
Excerpt: All of us within the profession want breastfeeding to be our biological reference point. We want it to be the cultural norm; we want human milk to be made available to all human babies, regardless of other circumstances. A vital first step toward achieving those goals is within immediate reach of every one of us. All we have to do is...watch our language.

regards,
Deeksha

Bhesh Raj Adhikari

Aug 5, 2011, 11:09:45 AM8/5/11
to childrensr...@googlegroups.com
To celebrate the breastfeeding week is a great work for human being which give positive message of breastfeeding in the whole world.

Bhesh Raj Adhikari
Kathmandu
Nepal
phone 4672222