K9WX RETIRING AS EDITOR OF SOLID COPY

CARMEN DROGO

May 17, 2022, 8:55:37 PM5/17/22
to IntlCW...@groups.io, Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club CFO
THE ENCLOSED EMAIL WAS SENT VIA K7SV EARLIER THIS EVENING

The May issue of Solid Copy, the CWops newsletter, will be available for download later today. My "From the Editor" column this month includes an announcement that my days as the editor are coming to a close.

It has been my honor to serve as the editor of Solid Copy for the past 5-plus years. But every journey must come to an end and the end is in sight for this one.

The trip has been both exciting and challenging. CWops is a tangible force in the ham radio world and counts some of the hobby’s most accomplished practitioners among its membership. Solid Copy is the record of many of those accomplishments.

We have a story to tell and our newsletter is one of the most important ways we tell that story, through the work of a dedicated cadre of monthly columnists and through the work of rank-and-file members who write our feature stories.

Who is next up to bat? Might you be the next editor? It’s a rewarding job that makes you the public information officer for CWops. The only basic requirements are to have a passion for telling our story of “celebrating the unique art form of Morse code,” and the willingness to organize a monthly newsletter.

You will interact with a wide range of CW operators from many different countries and you will count yourself in the vanguard of those working to maintain and advance the state of our art.

If you are interested or even just curious about what is involved in being the editor and think it’s a role you might fill, send me an email at Tim...@gmail.com and I will be glad to fill in the blanks.

Tim K9WX
CWops