A SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO ART - W8PBO - CFO # 256 - MAY HE REST IN PEACE

60 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

CARMEN DROGO

nepřečteno,
16. 4. 2021 17:37:0616.04.21
komu: Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club CFO
RECEIVED THIS EMAIL EARLIER TODAY FROM K8JP - JOE - CFO # 1055

GOOD MORNING, Carmen.

I just checked our list for Art, W8PBO, and see is/was a member.
Art just passed away.

He was a neighbor in Michigan and we were active in the QMN traffic net way back
when.

73, Joe, K8JP/K5

Here is QSP from Don, K8MFO.

EMAIL FROM K8MFO

Subject: W8PBO - Silent Key

Today I received a phone call from Millie Ellis, telling me that her husband, Art - W8PBO, former FOC member #1784, became a silent key on March 20.

Art and I knew each other since 1959, from our days together on the Michigan QMN traffic net. Art was the very best NCS that the net ever had.

During his working career, he taught mathematics in the Detroit area.

After retirement Art and Millie moved to West Virginia, where Art was born.

Art and Millie were regular attendees at the Sunday FOC breakfast at Dayton, as well as other area social events.

Art would enjoy visiting our flea market spots at Dayton anxious to share his excitement in finding new keys for his collection.

Rick - K8ZH and I had the pleasure of spending a day with Art at my QTH, and he left with several keys from an estate I was handling.

When Art became ill a few years ago, they moved back to the Detroit area to be near friends and family, as well as for superior medical care.

Sadly, Art is now gone at the age of 84.

In addition to his wife Millie - N8GLB,. he is survived by a son Russell and daughter Penny.

Condolences can be sent to Millie Ellis at the following address, 41244 Pond View Drive #231, Sterling Heights, MI 48314

RIP Art. It was my pleasure to be your friend for 62 years.

Don K8MFO

==========

=====.=====

====================

MY FIRST QSO WID ART WAS BACK IN APRIL OF 1999

MY LAST QSO WAS IN JAN OF 2014

OVER THE YEARS WE HAD MANY ENJOYABLE QSOs.

IN MAY OF 2013 I WORKED ART WHILE HE WAS
OPERATING N8FOC - 75 ANNIV. OF THE FOC CLUB.

FRIENDS,  PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE SOME
COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

RESPECTFULLY,
W8PBO.jpg
ARRL FLAG[1].jpg
W8PBO a1 operators club.jpg
A SILENT KEY SALUTE OCT 2020.jpg
A candle_animation_1_[1].gif
W8PBO SKN.jpg

Rick Arzadon - N8XI

nepřečteno,
17. 4. 2021 7:38:3817.04.21
komu: Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear about Art. I operated in the QMN Net in the 70's where I first met Art, W8PBO and Hank, K8DD.
Art, Hank and I also belonged to the Lanse Cruese Amateur Radio Club in Mt. Clemens Michigan.

RIP Art, CUL
73, Rick - N8XI

Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, CLUCK! - CFO Lives!
Chicken Fat Operators at Google Groups
Post: Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
Home: http://groups.google.com/group/Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club
Our ANCIENT Web Page: https://web.archive.org/web/20070602150935/http://home.aurora.edu/~bdillon/cfo/cfo.html

Our FACEBOOK Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chickenfatoperatorsclub
Subscribe: chicken-fat-operat...@googlegroups.com
CFO ROOSTER (Member List) http://tinyurl.com/cfocwclub
CFO Sked Page: http://n8fq.org/sked/mobile.php?board=cfo
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chicken Fat Operators Club - CFO" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club/992194389.361524.1618609023031%40connect.xfinity.com.

Rick Arzadon - N8XI

nepřečteno,
17. 4. 2021 7:43:5517.04.21
komu: Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com

Sorry to hear about Art. I operated in the QMN Net in the 70's where I first met Art, W8PBO and Hank, K8DD.

Art, Hank and I also belonged to the Lanse Cruese Amateur Radio Club in Mt. Clemens Michigan.

I saw the first ever CW Keyboard in Art’s shack in the 70’s.
He could do 40 WPM and talk to us in his shack, no problem

RIP Art, CUL
73, Rick - N8XI

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 5:37 PM CARMEN DROGO <k1...@comcast.net> wrote:
--