SSL

Spencer Thompson

Feb 18, 2015, 8:27:37 AM2/18/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks

I've setup an instance of the Boss with SSL using the example in the wiki here - https://github.com/ChicagoBoss/ChicagoBoss/wiki/Https-example-setup.  The problem I now have is that the Boss will now no longer server up regular HTTP request only HTTPS requests.  My Boss instance is configured to listen on port 80 using a cowboy server.  Now when I start the with HTTPS enabled I get the message - "Starting https listener... on 0.0.0.0:80" on the console and client requests only work with HTTPS URLs such as "https://mydomain.com:80/".  Connections for regular HTTP requests are refused.

Is it possible to configure the boss to accept HTTP on port 80 and HTTPS on port 443?  Or does anyone know if this is possible using something like nginx as a reverse proxy?

Any assistance much appreciated.  Thanks

Spencer

Dmitry Polyanovsky

Feb 18, 2015, 11:22:55 AM2/18/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I use nginx, configuring everything I need there. CB runs without SSL. If you need example config, let me know.

Evgeny M

Feb 19, 2015, 5:06:29 AM2/19/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/chicagoboss/ZKK9UwJQHW0/-0omTsDG5wYJ

Spencer Thompson

Feb 27, 2015, 4:01:21 AM2/27/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dimitry and Evgeny.

Nginx and The Boss are a pretty sweet combination!