ChicagoBoss Version 0.8.13 Released

Jesse Gumm

Jun 18, 2014, 2:49:40 PM6/18/14
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Hello Folks,

Sorry for the relative radio silence, but I've finally gotten around
to finishing up some of the testing and incorporation of some new
functionality and put together a new release (which should be the last
of the 0.8.x).

Version 0.8.13 mostly consists of updates to BossDB:
* David Welton's find_by_sql feature has been added with support for
both postgre and mysql
* BossDB's mysql adapter now passes boss_db's tests.
* The beginnings of a sample_configs directory courtesy of Kai Janson,
complete with a sample config for using mongodb with ChicagoBoss.
* Added a simple makefile to new projects.

You can see the full details in the changelog:
https://github.com/ChicagoBoss/ChicagoBoss/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

Among things I wish to include in 0.9 will be the following:

* Merge in the new router handler courtesy of Chan Sisowath (just need
to do some testing before merging into mainline)
* Update to SimpleBridge 2.0, extending backend support to Yaws,
Inets, and possible Elli, as well as adding Websocket support to
Mochiweb.
* Attempt to minimize the metaprogramming of BossDB (likely not
removing completely), while simplifying that which needs to stay with
the use of merl.

Thanks everyone, and sorry again for being mostly silent - Every year,
May is the month I rarely get anything done programming wise, and that
programming which I do get done is related to BracketPal, with the
rest of the time is spent on the phone, in meetings, and toiling over
league scheduling woes. It's a weird, stressful month, and I'm glad
it's over.

Everyone have a good one, and thanks everyone for being a part of the community,

-Jesse

--
Jesse Gumm
Owner, Sigma Star Systems

Igor Clark

Jun 18, 2014, 8:57:24 PM6/18/14
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, thanks Jesse. Looking forward to 0.9, in particular the new routing. Thanks for your work, seems like there's a good forward path :-)

cheers
Igor

can2nac

Jun 19, 2014, 11:31:33 AM6/19/14
to chica...@googlegroups.com
What are CB long term goals? Is there are some doc with aims or with explanation how version 1.0 should look like? I've seen something like this some time ago, i think it was on git but i can't find it. probably it was removed.

Sid Wu

Oct 10, 2014, 5:22:42 AM10/10/14
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's the answer

在 2014年6月19日星期四UTC+8上午8时57分24秒,Igor Clark写道: