Dialyzer errors while analysing boss_db models

David Robakowski

Jan 17, 2014, 6:00:31 AM1/17/14
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Hi ChicagoBoss community,

first of all thanks for the great framework and all the libs that comes with it.

In one of my projects I’m using boss_db as a standalone “ORM” without CB. The models are compiling fine with R16B02 and I’m able to store/retrieve data from a db with it. When it comes to static code analysis with dialyzer, the models break the analysis and I’m getting the following errors:

dialyzer: Analysis failed with error:

Could not scan the following file(s):

Could not get abstract code for: .../ebin/test_model.beam

Recompile with +debug_info or analyze starting from source code

Could not get abstract code for: .../ebin/test_model2.beam

Recompile with +debug_info or analyze starting from source code
Last messages in the log cache:

Reading files and computing callgraph...
make
: *** [dialyzer] Error 1

Used compiler options:

{erl_opts, [
   warn_unused_import

,warn_export_all

,warn_export_vars

,warnings_as_errors

,{d, debug}

,debug_info

,fail_on_warning

,{parse_transform, lager_transform}
]}.

Dialyzer command with configuration parameters:

dialyzer -Wunderspecs -Wrace_conditions -Wunmatched_returns -Werror_handling --plts ~/.dialyzer_plt deps.plt -r ebin

Does maybe someone know how it’s possible to ignore the models for the analyzing part or is there maybe a configuration I’m missing?

Thanks
David

Zachary Kessin

Jan 17, 2014, 6:26:52 AM1/17/14
to chica...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure we are generating the right thing for dialyzer to work on boss_db modules, I will add it to my list of things to work on

--Zach

David Robakowski

Jan 18, 2014, 10:37:04 AM1/18/14
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zach,

thanks for your info and the fast reply! Ok great and I'll create an issue request on GitHub, to keep better track of this possible issue.

Greets
David

David Robakowski

Jan 18, 2014, 10:58:54 AM1/18/14