Announcing: Automation Station: One (DIY CNC night) July 20th at 7pm

Sacha De'Angeli

Jul 12, 2011, 11:21:59 AM7/12/11
to Pumping Station One, Pumping Station: One Public, chicago...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

As many of you may have noticed, CNC tools have been gaining traction at PS1 over the past few months.

We have had the reprap build event, and now the hacked vinyl cutter, makerbot, PS1's own reprap, and the new Epilog have taken over half of the electronics work area.

To complete the takeover, PS1 will host a monthly Automation Station: One event where people are encouraged to bring their in-progress projects for building in a communal atmosphere and completed projects to show off.

All CNC tools are welcome: additive, subtractive, mills, lasers, printers, frosters, plotters, and even egg-bots.  There will be an emphasis on open source hardware/software tools, but not exclusively so.

This event will be July 20th at 7pm at PS1 in the main room. Non-member CNC enthusiasts are welcome.

For future events, I'd love to have speakers, if you have suggestions please contact me directly.

Douglas Cogan

Jul 13, 2011, 5:33:53 PM7/13/11
to chicago...@googlegroups.com, Pumping Station One, Pumping Station: One Public

Sasha,

Sounds great. Love to come. It says you have a Makerbot – I have a thingomatic up and running. Should I bring that or since you have something is it not worth it. Can you tell me more about the Epilog? I don’t see anything on the PS1 site about it.

-Doug

Sacha De'Angeli

Jul 13, 2011, 5:37:46 PM7/13/11
to chicago...@googlegroups.com
Feel free to bring your TOM with you.

The Epilog hasn't been announced yet (I probably shouldn't have mentioned it here, sorry), but you'll be able to see it if you show up next week.

Jeremy BP

Jul 14, 2011, 12:04:30 AM7/14/11
to Chicago 3D Printer Enthusiasts
Hi,
This event sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I'm not a PS:1
member, is there a charge?
I have a makerbot and a small CNC router I would love to bring.

On Jul 13, 4:37 pm, "Sacha De'Angeli" <sachadeang...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Feel free to bring your TOM with you.
>
> The Epilog hasn't been announced yet (I probably shouldn't have mentioned it
> here, sorry), but you'll be able to see it if you show up next week.
>

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Douglas Cogan <dco...@pti.com> wrote:
> >  Sasha,****
>
> > ** ******
>
> > Sounds great. Love to come. It says you have a Makerbot – I have a
> > thingomatic up and running. Should I bring that or since you have something
> > is it not worth it. Can you tell me more about the Epilog? I don’t see
> > anything on the PS1 site about it. ****
>
> > ** ******
>
> > -Doug****
>
> > ** ******
>
> > ** ******

John Stoner

Jul 14, 2011, 12:14:10 AM7/14/11
to chicago...@googlegroups.com
Nope. Free of charge to participate, but if you decide to kick in a little cash, no one will complain.
--
blogs:
http://johnstoner.wordpress.com/

Douglas Cogan

Jul 20, 2011, 5:10:40 PM7/20/11
to chicago...@googlegroups.com, Pumping Station One, Pumping Station: One Public

Friends,

I will be there tonight but I can’t bring by Thing O Matic because of transportation conflicts. I’ll bring it another time. Looking forward to seeing folks and the new equipment.

-Doug