For sale: huge 3D printer parts package

Sacha De'Angeli

Oct 1, 2013, 5:06:45 PM10/1/13
to Pumping Station: One Public, Pumping Station One, southsid...@googlegroups.com, workshop...@googlegroups.com, chicago...@googlegroups.com, cnc-bui...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

There's a decent chance I may be moving in the next 6 months, so I'm trying to lighten my load.  Up for sale is about $1600-$1800 worth of parts (not including shipping costs, which is close to another $150, and my assembly time, which I'd rather not quantify).  I want to sell it all as a lot, and I'd like to sell it quickly so I'm willing to take $1300 or best offer - - seriously, make me an offer.

If you're interested in building a printer, this package is pretty much all you'd need to get started - this stuff comes from 8+ different suppliers and was a lot of effort to assemble. You could make at least two printers from all this stuff!

I can drive this stuff a reasonable distance (I live in Logan Square in Chicago).

Please contact me off-list if interested.

The assembled ORDBot in the picture:
  • Fully assembled ORDBot Kit  $499
  • Floating Z axis upgrade for the ORDBot: $9
  • RepRapDiscount Smart controller $49
  • RUMBA $99
  • MK1 Heated Bed: $30
  • 13 pololu drivers $12 each = $144
  • Wade's Greg's Extruder Reloaded with hardware $50
  • Budaschnozzle v2.0 0.35 mm hot end $95
  • 12V power supply $35
  • Custom under bed mounting kit for the power supply to the ORDBot
  • Custom light up power switch
Other Printer Parts:
  • SeeMe CNC EZStruder $35
  • Unused Roll of 3M PET tape $25
  • Sanguinololu  $175
  • 7 loose Nema 17 stepper motors $70
  • Glass bed $25
  • MakerGear Hot end (assembled): $75
  • Maker Gear Hot end (kit): $75
  • 4 hobbled bolts ($7 each): $28
  • ~4 lbs of PLA mostly in white, with a selection of other colors all at 3mm thickness  $50
other things I don't immediately have prices for:
  • 2.5mm pulleys and belts (2 sets of each)
  • 5mm pulleys and belts (2 sets of each)
  • 8mm steel rods (12 each)
  • LM8UU 8mm sleeve bearings (12 each)
  • Mechanical end stops (many)
  • 608 bearings (15 each)
  • large box of spare metric and standard screws, bolts, nuts, etc
  • RepRap Discount Wiring Kit (about $12)
  • Fans (40 mm and larger - 4 each)
  • 100k thermistors (3ea)
  • The snazzy plastic boxed I have things stored in
  • appropriate Allen keys and tools
  • ceramic screwdriver (for safely adjusting stepper drivers)

Note 1: the ORDBot printer is not 100% functional yet - I have done several test prints, and it works, but needs significant cleanup and tuning.  I also suggest you either switch the filament to ABS or switched the hot end to the MakerGear hot end I'm including.  I've also not been able to get the hot bed to work with the RUMBA electronics yet - it's probably a setting somewhere I messed up in the config.  The hot bed does work - it worked just fine with the Sanguinololu.

Note 2: please be a skilled electronics hobbyist and/or be willing to teach yourself via forums, IRC, and googling. This is not a turn-key printer.

Sacha De'Angeli

2013-10-01 15.44.24.jpg

Sacha De'Angeli

Oct 8, 2013, 10:01:55 PM10/8/13