Twisty breakthrough

Ben Collins-Sussman

Feb 7, 2014, 8:34:33 PM2/7/14
to chicago-if
Some engineer buddies and I worked on twisty today -- for the first time in years.

I believe we now have a WORKING Glulx interpreter running on Android.  Android is full of half-written z machine interpreters, but none can play any recent I7 games (which are Glulx).

We've got a c-language Glulx interpreter running ("git") running on Android, talking to a native Android GLK java implementation via JNI.  Messy architecture, but the glulxe interpreter is wicked fast.

Will post a proof of concept app soon, and tell folks on intfiction.org about it.