last minute gathering?

Ben Collins-Sussman

Sep 23, 2015, 12:34:28 PM9/23/15
to chicago-if, Jacqueline Ashwell
Jacqueline -- IF Elder, of IFmud #jacqchat fame and other things -- will be in Chicago tomorrow (Thursday) night.

 Anyone want to get together and chat IF, etc.?  Last minute?

David Cornelson

Sep 23, 2015, 1:25:43 PM9/23/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
I'm in! (;

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Ben Collins-Sussman <sus...@red-bean.com> wrote:
Jacqueline -- IF Elder, of IFmud #jacqchat fame and other things -- will be in Chicago tomorrow (Thursday) night.

 Anyone want to get together and chat IF, etc.?  Last minute?

Ed Blair

Sep 23, 2015, 1:30:25 PM9/23/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
where are we thinking?

David Cornelson

Sep 23, 2015, 1:34:49 PM9/23/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
The only thing I would ask is that the menu accommodate my non-foodie status.

Location is open, but as Ben said on FB, there are plenty of nice neighborhood joints.

Andrew Schultz

Sep 23, 2015, 2:17:08 PM9/23/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Well, this is tricky. I put that night aside for last minute stuff on my IFComp entry. On which I'm behind. So I am leaning towards no, which is kind of too bad.

On 9/23/2015 11:34 AM, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
Jacqueline -- IF Elder, of IFmud #jacqchat fame and other things -- will be in Chicago tomorrow (Thursday) night.

 Anyone want to get together and chat IF, etc.?  Last minute?

Peter Nepstad

Sep 23, 2015, 2:45:55 PM9/23/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Keep me posted as to when and where, I will be at the hospital during the day but depending on how exhausting that whole thing is I might be up for meeting up in eve.

Ben Collins-Sussman

Sep 23, 2015, 4:45:04 PM9/23/15
to Jacqueline Ashwell, chicago-if
Here's a tentative plan:
  • Jacq exits O'Hare airport around 3:40pm, taking the blue-line L train downtown.  Tours Millennium Park and Art Institute.to the Wicker Park neighborhood.
  • Jacq takes blue-line L back towards airport, exits in the Wicker Park hood ('Damen' stop).
  • We meet for dinner.  Options:  Lily's Q (bbq), or Piece (pizza + homemade beer).
  • Jacq drives back to burbs with David, sleeps on his couch.  :-)
Jacq, does this conform to expectations?

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Jacqueline Ashwell <jacqueli...@gmail.com> wrote:
Would be super lovely to meet up. Ben, why don't you pick the place? Probably something with general food (to accommodate the non-foodies, per Dave) and perhaps a place with good craft beer (if that's a thing) but a place quiet enough that we can actually hear one another (doesn't have to be 'quiet' but not noisy...).

- Jacqueline

Ben Collins-Sussman

Sep 23, 2015, 4:47:45 PM9/23/15
to Jacqueline Ashwell, chicago-if
Obvious typo in my first bullet -- remove the trailing "to the wicker park neighborhood".  :-)

david.c...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2015, 5:03:46 PM9/23/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
I'm doubtful she'll have time to go to the Art Institute as it closes at 5pm.

Ben Collins-Sussman

Sep 23, 2015, 5:35:00 PM9/23/15
to chicago-if, Jacqueline Ashwell
Ah well, Millennium Park is still a really neat and fun touristy thing to do -- very outdoorsy.

Ben Collins-Sussman

Sep 23, 2015, 5:35:27 PM9/23/15
to chicago-if, Jacqueline Ashwell
Aha -- it's actually open till 8pm on Thursdays.

Jacqueline Ashwell

Sep 23, 2015, 8:36:11 PM9/23/15
to Chicago Interactive Fiction Group, jacqueli...@gmail.com
Thanks, folks! Looking forward to meeting some of you. Ben and I are conspiring on what sort of place, so I'm sure he'll post where soon. :)

Ben Collins-Sussman

Sep 24, 2015, 10:31:53 AM9/24/15
to chicago-if, Jacqueline Ashwell
Hey folks -- we're going to meet at Piece Pizza (1927 W. North Ave) at 7:30pm tonight.  Pretty close to Filter cafe.

Please reply and let me know if you're coming, so we can try and get a big-enough table.

Ed Blair

Sep 24, 2015, 10:32:48 AM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com, Jacqueline Ashwell
That should work for me. Excited!

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Ben Collins-Sussman
<sus...@red-bean.com> wrote:
> Hey folks -- we're going to meet at Piece Pizza (1927 W. North Ave) at
> 7:30pm tonight. Pretty close to Filter cafe.
>
> Please reply and let me know if you're coming, so we can try and get a
> big-enough table.
>

> On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Ben Collins-Sussman <sus...@red-bean.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Jacqueline -- IF Elder, of IFmud #jacqchat fame and other things -- will
>> be in Chicago tomorrow (Thursday) night.
>>
>> Anyone want to get together and chat IF, etc.? Last minute?

Jacqueline Ashwell

Sep 24, 2015, 11:58:52 AM9/24/15
to Ben Collins-Sussman, chicago-if
I plan to come.

Signed,
The Instigator

Andrew Schultz

Sep 24, 2015, 3:23:23 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to show up. I might need to leave early, but I'd like to say hi
in person. It's been a while.

Ed Blair

Sep 24, 2015, 3:28:53 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
I may also have to peace out early-ish as well, as I've got some zine
editing/laundry to do- but I will definitely hang out for a bit.

Ed.

Jeremy Freese

Sep 24, 2015, 5:59:19 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com, Ben Collins-Sussman
Hi, all.  Sorry for the late reply, but I plan on coming.  Be good to see folks again.

--Jeremy

Ben Collins-Sussman

Sep 24, 2015, 6:22:01 PM9/24/15
to chicago-if

Current tally is me, Jacq, David, Ed, Andrew, Jeremy.  So I'll try to get a table for 6.

Andrew Schultz

Sep 24, 2015, 7:47:28 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. I'm leaving now, with a chore to do, so I should actually be on time, barring very slow public transport.

Ben Collins-Sussman

Sep 24, 2015, 8:38:55 PM9/24/15
to chicago-if

Jeremy -- we decided to go a couple doors down to Geek Bar.  Hope to see you!

Jeremy Freese

Sep 24, 2015, 8:48:18 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Ah, okay. I was confused. Be there imminently.
Sent from Gmail Mobile on the iPad

Main

Sep 24, 2015, 10:11:19 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com

Jeremy Freese

Sep 24, 2015, 11:46:14 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Yo, is anyone still there. I think I left behind my iPad in my bag.

Main

Sep 24, 2015, 11:46:56 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
You did! What should we do?

Jeremy Freese

Sep 24, 2015, 11:47:48 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
I have to go back downtown tomorrow for work. Can I pick it up from someone?

Main

Sep 24, 2015, 11:48:44 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
We have yr bag. It's safe.

Main

Sep 24, 2015, 11:49:32 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Ben works downtown as well, we will give it to him. He will keep it secret, keep it safe.

Jeremy Freese

Sep 24, 2015, 11:52:30 PM9/24/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
OK.  It's filled with top sociology secrets.  --Jeremy

Jeremy Freese

Sep 25, 2015, 8:06:13 AM9/25/15
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Ben -- Do you have my bag?  I am downtown today for an all-day meeting but can duck out to go wherever whenever to retrieve it.  Apologies for the hassle.

--Jeremy