Intro

joe kallo

Nov 11, 2013, 8:52:21 AM11/11/13
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Hello all -- just joined the group.

My parents bought Zork when they got me my IIc, and I went on to play most of the Infocom games. Sadly I stopped paying attention to IF just when the community started to form. I found the ifcomp in the early 2000s and have been voting since. Last year I took a swipe at writing a game using Inform and had lots of fun.

Thanks for having me.

Ben Collins-Sussman

Nov 11, 2013, 12:12:21 PM11/11/13
to chica...@googlegroups.com
Great to meet you!  We occasionally get together in coffee shops to talk IF.  Hope to see you at the next one.

Andrew Schultz

Nov 11, 2013, 12:24:57 PM11/11/13
to chica...@googlegroups.com
I agree, it'd be very cool to see someone new at the next meetup. Don't feel you need to prepare anything, though. And if you want to share something (or not) over the group, I'd be interested in what you have.

I'm hoping to give my IFComp wrapup in a few days, though I can't do anything until the 16th due to Rule 5.

  Andrew