Rats

Peter Barash

Aug 11, 2021, 12:15:15 PM8/11/21
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
So I live in an area without an alley near me. We generally do not have rats. I saw one in my coop the other day after a big storm. Maybe the storm drove up the rats, but I'm worried it is coop related. Looking for advice on nipping this in the bud before it becomes a thing. Any advice appreciated.

-peter-

Nannette Huffman

Aug 11, 2021, 3:21:47 PM8/11/21
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Look on YouTube for Shawn woods’ videos.   Tons on trap options.

“A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.”
—Mahatma Gandhi—

On Aug 11, 2021, at 12:15 PM, Peter Barash <psba...@gmail.com> wrote:

So I live in an area without an alley near me. We generally do not have rats. I saw one in my coop the other day after a big storm. Maybe the storm drove up the rats, but I'm worried it is coop related. Looking for advice on nipping this in the bud before it becomes a thing. Any advice appreciated.

-peter-

Susie

Aug 12, 2021, 7:48:04 AM8/12/21
to Chicago Chicken Enthusiasts
Do you know how it got in? Plug up any holes with hardwire cloth and get a rat proof feeder! I found one in mine once too! It was because I had left the run door open while the chicken were out grazing. I never did that again! I also got a different feeder. (this one: https://www.amazon.com/PestOff-Rat-Proof-Chicken-Feeder/dp/B01LM6TRRC )