ALERT!!! Ald Lopez anti-Backyard Chicken Ordinance

Chicago Chickens

Sep 5, 2023, 11:31:30 AM9/5/23
to Chicago Chicken Enthusiasts
🔔 ALERT! PUBLIC COMMENT NEEDED TODAY!!! 🔔

View CCE Statement Here>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/136laVkFa2YmUOEiVfyAduAsIKq1FXQMcLfPG0aVYuIo/edit?usp=sharing

Flood your alderman's office with comments today! See the link above or attached PDF for
Email committeeonenvironmen...@cityofchicago.org to OPPOSE Ald. Lopez's ordinance RIGHT NOW!

He's at it again - 15th Ward Alderman Raymond Lopez is pushing a city ordinance that puts significant limitations on animal keeping in the City of Chicago - including backyard chickens. Lopez is again seeking to require oppressive fees, licenses and fines for violations regarding backyard chickens, including licensing fees and requirements, bans on roosters, a limit of 6 hens regardless of lot size and an update to the noise ordinances to restrict any noise "common to it's species", a clause that could bring harm to many animals as people employ invasive methods to silence their pets.

The City Council Committee on Environmental Protection and Energy has a meeting set for TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, September 6th at 10am and is welcoming comments!

View the proposed ordinance here: https://occprodstoragev1.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/matterattachmentspublic/6f5d7ed1-9667-4d35-87e3-09567fa62c51.pdf
CCE Statement Opposing Proposed Chicago Livestock Ordinance (O2023-0002993) (1).pdf

David Horak

Sep 5, 2023, 1:27:28 PM9/5/23
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Do we know why he is so determined to change it?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 5, 2023, at 10:31 AM, Chicago Chickens <chicago...@gmail.com> wrote:

🔔 ALERT! PUBLIC COMMENT NEEDED TODAY!!! 🔔
<CCE Statement Opposing Proposed Chicago Livestock Ordinance (O2023-0002993) (1).pdf>

Tim Norris

Sep 5, 2023, 1:35:24 PM9/5/23
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
He claimed  to have had a couple problem homes in past years when he first attempted this in 2019. I believe help through education was offered or suggested at the time.

Honestly, if he desires a more cookie cutter sterile neighborhood he should move to the suburbs.

                   Tim Norris
  ... from the phone in my pocket

On Sep 5, 2023, at 12:27 PM, David Horak <hor...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Do we know why he is so determined to change it?

Jennifer Murtoff

Sep 5, 2023, 1:43:18 PM9/5/23
to chicago-chick...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps we should ask again what the problems are and again offer help, guidance, and support, rather than letting him attempt to remove this right wholesale.
Jennifer Murtoff