Invited event from the ACM Boston Chapter on Bits and Atoms from MIT Neil Gershenfeld - February 16, 2023

ACM Chicago

Feb 15, 2023, 6:33:19 PM2/15/23
to Chicago Chapter ACM
Dear ACM Chicago member,

There is a great presentation this week, Thursday evening, 2/16, 6 PM Central Time, from the ACM Local Greater Boston Chapter.

Brief Summary:

MIT’s Center for Bits and Atoms was created to explore the boundary between computer science and physical science. Neil Gershenfeld, our speaker, will survey what we’ve found at that intersection, from origins of quantum computing and the Internet of Things, to aligning the representations of hardware and software, to the convergence of digital communication and computation with fabrication, and I’ll explore their commercial and social impacts.

About the Speaker:

The speaker is Neil Gershenfeld, the Director of MIT’s Center for Bits and Atoms, where his unique laboratory is breaking down boundaries between the digital and physical worlds, from pioneering quantum computing to digital fabrication to the Internet of Things. More info about Neil: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Gershenfeld The Center: http://cba.mit.edu/

For complete information and registration go to:

https://www.meetup.com/acm-boston/events/291560541/

Thanks, ACM Chicago