May ACM Chicago meeting ONLINE: Microsoft's AI for Good Programs - May 13 at 6 PM CST

ACM Chicago

May 6, 2020, 9:49:40 AM5/6/20
to Chicago Chapter ACM
Dear ACM Chicago member,

Hope you're doing well and staying healthy and safe during these times.  As is all meetings nowadays, we will be having our May ACM Chicago meeting online.  See below for details and registration.

A joint meeting with Chicago Chapter ACM / IEEE Computer Society Chicago / The Mid-America Club IT Club

Microsoft’s AI for Good Programs

Speaker: Adam Hecktman
Director of Corporate Affairs, Microsoft Philanthropies, Microsoft Corporation

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

6:00 pm - 7:00pm

Online meeting via Zoom:
https://depaul.zoom.us/j/99384927300
 Password given before meeting to those signed up on meetup.

Admission: Free, open to the public

AI for Good is Microsoft’s $125 million commitment to empower those working around the world to solve humanitarian issues, advance global sustainability, and amplify human capability. AI for Good is made up of four programs — AI for EarthAI for AccessibilityAI for Humanitarian Action, and AI for Cultural Heritage — and is part of our overarching effort to ensure that AI is used to advance society. AI for Good puts the Microsoft cloud and AI technologies in the hands of those working to address some of society’s biggest challenges.

In this presentation, you will hear Microsoft Philanthropy’s Adam Hecktman discuss the motivation for the AI for Good programs, and interesting use cases of AI applied to these areas of societal impact.

Adam J. Hecktman is Director of Corporate Affairs in Microsoft Philanthropies. In this capacity, he works to advance the company’s mission by making the opportunities of our rapidly evolving digital economy accessible to all people, particularly those most at risk of being left behind. Microsoft believes technology is a force for social and economic inclusion, and Adam works to create a future where everyone has access to the benefits it provides and the opportunities it creates.

Prior to this role, Adam worked in Microsoft’s Technology and Corporate Responsibility team to help Chicago’s civic leaders – and the communities they serve – use cutting-edge ideas around technology to solve the city’s biggest social challenges. Prior that, Adam was the Director of the Microsoft Technology Center – Chicago, helping organizations ensure long-term success when facing their toughest business challenges and opportunities. He has been with Microsoft in Chicago since 1991.

A lifelong Chicago resident, Adam lives with his family in the Old Town neighborhood. He can be found http://twitter.com/AdamHecktman and http://blogs.microsoft.com/chicago

Reservations:

Click here to Reserve for Wednesday, May 13
or send an e-mail to gr...@neumarke.net

Regards,

ACM Chicago

ACM Chicago

May 12, 2020, 1:01:42 AM5/12/20
to Chicago Chapter ACM
Dear ACM Chicago member,

This is a kind reminder of our May online meeting this Wednesday at 6 PM.

Zoom password will be sent tomorrow evening to those who have registered.

Regards,

ACM Chicago