No more mags

1 view

Patrick Mousel

Apr 20, 2007, 5:33:00 PM4/20/07
to chicago-are...@googlegroups.com
*sigh*

I don't know if anyone else is a subscriber, but Dragon and Dungeon magazine
are going the way of the dodo. Those of us doing Savage Tide will get to
the end, but after that no more.

[url=http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20070419a&dcmp=ILC-RSSDND]Check
out the Press Release here.[/url]

Lots of activity on the WOTC and Paizo message boards by upset gamers.

"I never apologize, Lisa. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am." -Homer
Simpson

jack upham

Apr 20, 2007, 5:45:16 PM4/20/07
to chicago-are...@googlegroups.com
Hi-

Ya I saw a posting about this situation over at the en world boards. I dont think it will be the end of these magazines, from what I gather it sounds like WoTC plans to do them as electronic down loads.

Scott

Patrick Mousel <waiter_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Wright Frazier

Apr 20, 2007, 5:48:56 PM4/20/07
to chicago-are...@googlegroups.com
Aye, and I'm none to surprised as it seems to be the wave of the future since it is such a huge savings on publishing costs.  I saw an article w/ the Owner of the NY Times where he flat out stated he wasn't sure they'd be publishing an actual news paper hard copy in 5 years time cause the push to electronic media was so strong, to the tune of saving him something like several hundred million, if not a billion bucks a year in printing costs.

Wright

--
Wright S. Frazier II, M.A.
wright....@gmail.com

Patrick Mousel

Apr 20, 2007, 5:58:54 PM4/20/07
to chicago-are...@googlegroups.com
I'm still sad. I'll cheerfully await long periods of time to get a magazine
in the mail, and then longer periods of time reading it. My attention span
for online stuff, however, is dismally small. To me, there's no replacing
something I can hold in my hands to give me a real sense of what it is I
have. Maybe I've just never really gotten into the information age like I
should.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20070419a&dcmp=ILC-RSSDND]Check<http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20070419a&dcmp=ILC-RSSDND%5DCheck>

Autos.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM->

--
Wright S. Frazier II, M.A.
wright....@gmail.com

Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.

Wright Frazier

Apr 20, 2007, 6:03:42 PM4/20/07
to chicago-are...@googlegroups.com
I agree completely with you.  I don't like electronic books either.  Give me hard copy any day.  But then again, I'm an old fart.