Sound file hosting

1 view

Patrick Mousel

Mar 30, 2007, 8:04:53 PM3/30/07
to chicago-are...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know how I might set up a site to host a few sound files? I've
got one monologue for the Savage Tide campaign that my girlfriend did (and
I'm pretty friggin proud of her, if you can't tell) and I'd like to share it
with the nexus, but also with a forum I'm on for the Savage Tide. I also
have plans to make one or two more and do the same. Problem is, I don't
know where I can stash them- I tried the Nexus itself (to lure people into
visiting), but there's a cap on the size of the file I can upload. I've
tried a free sound site, but I think that site is more for 'raw' sound, not
produced pieces... my file hasn't made it past the moderators there.

Anyone have suggestions?

"I never apologize, Lisa. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am." -Homer
Simpson

Mortgage refinance is hot 1) Rates near 30-yr lows 2) Good credit get
intro-rate 4.625%*
https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5f&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=743

Ted Walker

Mar 30, 2007, 10:55:35 PM3/30/07
to chicago-are...@googlegroups.com
How much space are you looking for? How big is the file?

Ted

Patrick Mousel

Mar 31, 2007, 12:01:51 AM3/31/07
to chicago-are...@googlegroups.com
Just under 23MB.
and I'm assuming that the others would be about the same size once the were
made.

"I never apologize, Lisa. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am." -Homer
Simpson

Mar 31, 2007, 11:12:27 PM3/31/07
to Chicago Area RPG Nexus
I have a server and am willing to set you up with FTP access. email
me direct and I'll send you log-in info.

-David

On Mar 30, 11:01 pm, "Patrick Mousel" <waiter_for_h...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Just under 23MB.
> and I'm assuming that the others would be about the same size once the were
> made.
>
> "I never apologize, Lisa. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am." -Homer
> Simpson
>
> ----Original Message Follows----

> From: Ted Walker <tedg...@gmail.com>

> intro-rate 4.625%*https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y...

> Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmemailtag...

Brandon Kutka

Apr 4, 2007, 10:15:49 PM4/4/07
to chicago-are...@googlegroups.com
I am thinking about running Conan d20 on Friday, I have Joe Krushner
interested. Looking for more players, my work schedule seems to be
stabilizing.

jack upham

Apr 5, 2007, 12:24:38 AM4/5/07
to chicago-are...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandon-

Very interested but you will have to put up with me nodding off sometimes.

Scott

wrote:
> Just under 23MB.
> and I'm assuming that the others would be about the same size once the
were
> made.
>
> "I never apologize, Lisa. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am."
-Homer
> Simpson

Get your own web address.

Patrick Mousel

Apr 5, 2007, 3:54:16 PM4/5/07
to chicago-are...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again to the volunteers who offered to help me post the recording.
Turns out my girlfriend can turn it into an mp3 at her job, and as Ted said-
it compressed the file nicely. I posted it in the files section. Now I
just have to figure out how to link to it from the Savage Tide AAR.

Check it out if you've got the time!