Looking for more face to face table top roleplayers Hoffman Estates, IL

1 view

Logan

Apr 20, 2007, 8:03:10 AM4/20/07
to Chicago Area RPG Nexus
Description of the game:

The game is held in Hoffman Estates, IL. It runs FRI 6pm on, SAT noon
on.

The closest thing I can compare it to is an X-files game (without the
aliens and FBI), currently set in the 1920's. The characters are
archaeologists (or other college graduates) turned PI. Their cases
run anything from missing persons to stopping Various Evil Things from
doing...evil. The campaign is on the realistic side - the characters
pay taxes and worry about how much money they make (they are up to $30/
day plus expenses currently). There is a lot of weird stuff that can
go on within the campaign - Highlanders (like the movie or TV series),
time travel and Diskworld stuff have all made their appearances within
the campaign. As I've GM'ed for close to 30 years, I've gotten tired
of dungeon crawls, etc. Wanted to try 'something new'.

There are currently two other players - I'm working on getting it up
to three hard core regulars and a couple of part time people.

The system used is a percentage system with heavy modifications as I
found d20 stuff to be less realistic and more encumbering than I
liked. I like some action and don't want to spend hours on the same
battle. The system itself has been play tested over a 5 year period
with many other people and all but one of the fifty or so has enjoyed
it more than systems they were previously familiar with (d&d, d20, WW,
etc)

I'm mainly interested in getting people to come out and take a look at
it for a session or so. I've found that if they do, they return
readily. I've had a couple other players have to retire due to the
'no more time have wife/girlfriend/etc) and am looking to fill the
gaps.

People don't need to commit for a full day (or both days), just come
out for a few hours to check it out. Yes, there is a game going on
this weekend. If you want to forward this e-mail to the folks of your
group, I'd appreciate it. If several of them want to show up for the
game as a group, good, come check it out.

For those who would like more information, I can be reached at
log...@yahoo.com

PS: If I have contacted you before, please accept my apologies - I do
try to keep track of people I've contacted in the past but it doesn't
always work well.