Planning: Grand Galloping Gala!

1 view

China Barnes

Feb 5, 2012, 3:33:15 PM2/5/12
to Chicago Area Bronies
Hi all!
I've been coming up with a fabulous idea for like ever. I want to host
a Gala!
Obviously it would be pony themed, black tie and fancy fancy.
I was imagining being able to donate to a charity of sorts, I would
like to discuss idea's on that. I was thinking of donating to a
charity to keep arts in school, cause I mean, art's important and
stuff and there's not a big enough push on that. But I'd love to hear
you all's ideas!
Another thing I was thinking of was inviting Faust, Tara Strong and
others who've worked on MLP:FiM. It would be great to see them there
and have it like a big event and stuff.

Idea's people, IDEA'S :3

Thanks
Christopher (iKw33r)

Sonicsuns

Feb 5, 2012, 3:51:28 PM2/5/12
to chicago-ar...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to donate to a cancer charity. My mom and godmother have cancer. (But arts are cool too)

We'd be unlikely to get Lauren Faust etc. unless it was a really big event, like a major con or something. (In fact, you could make the gala  part of the Midwestria thing they're planning...)
--
***
Sonicsuns

Christopher Barnes

Feb 5, 2012, 4:43:22 PM2/5/12
to Chicago Area Bronies
We have the ability and time to make it really big. It's not much
harder than just getting publicity.
My Great Aunt has breast cancer, so donating to a research
organization would definitely be something to consider.

If we have the Gala separate from the convention, it would most likely
have more attendees. Having it at a convention would make it near
impossible to sell tickets for the event (esp since people have
already payed for their badges and may want to splurge on the dealers
room, instead of whipping out cash for tickets and dress clothes)
unless the tickets are cheap and at the door. Hosting it separately,
we'd be able to invite people who are not part of the convention
crowds and who just want to go to the Gala instead of the whole
convention.

On Feb 5, 2:51 pm, Sonicsuns <sonics...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to donate to a cancer charity. My mom and godmother have cancer.
> (But arts are cool too)
>
> We'd be unlikely to get Lauren Faust etc. unless it was a *really* big
> event, like a major con or something. (In fact, you could make the gala
> part of the Midwestria thing they're planning...)

Evan Sale

Feb 6, 2012, 9:52:54 PM2/6/12
to Chicago Area Bronies
This sounds like a wonderful idea all and all, but we'd need to pool
together money before hand. Start selling tickets well in advance. And
figure out a place that's convenient for most everyone possible.
But I love the idea, and would love to add more to it, we'll need to
get more ideas together, and figure more things out, like maybe have
the charity we donate to attend.
But this will all come together in time, also the cancer charity would
be wonderful to donate to.

ZoSo159

Feb 10, 2012, 10:03:11 AM2/10/12
to Chicago Area Bronies
I talked to the teacher who runs TEAM Polaris and we were thinking,
‘why not have the fundraiser for TEAM Polaris?’ We do a lot of work
for kids with special needs and with the Project Dance fundraiser over
with it made a bit of a dent in our budget. I would have to talk to
the advisor on student activities about it first but if he says yes
then we could have everyone from TEAM Polaris show up for the Gala. I
know you want it to be for art but just throwing the idea out
beforehand. Whatever you guys want to do I’m alright with though.
(Chris Kirk)