Monthly Meetup!

China Barnes

Feb 5, 2012, 12:27:05 AM2/5/12
to Chicago Area Bronies
Hey everypony! We had a great success with the meetup at Colonial Cafe
and I hope everyone had fun.
We (Evan and I) are planning a monthly meetup, something that's always
the same like day, and time, and place.

Currently, we are going to have them every first Saturday of the
month, at 5pm till 9pm.

We would love to have it at Colonial again, but the problem is space
and the amount of people. We would like some input on this! They did a
great job of serving us and letting us use their space for FREE!!

Hope to see you all next month, though! I will update this discussion
with a link to a google calendar of upcoming meetups!

Christopher (iKw33r)

Mark McGuire

Feb 5, 2012, 12:33:40 AM2/5/12
to Chicago Area Bronies
I think it would be nice have it in different places. That way it's
closer for different groups of people each time. Maybe a semi-
scheduled cycle of locations/areas?

Mark

Chris Justin

Feb 5, 2012, 12:37:41 AM2/5/12
to chicago-ar...@googlegroups.com
We can plan special events, but it's also nice to have it in one set location at the same time of the month everytime. Makes it easier for people who hear about it by word of ear or decide to join on a whim. You know, instead of having to plan it every.single.TIME. I just wanna find a location that we can use every month that's not too far from major highways (so it's easy to get to) and that will let us use their space for free.

Tommy Burek (Brony Swag)

Feb 6, 2012, 11:28:48 AM2/6/12
to Chicago Area Bronies
Any specific location radius? I could look around, I just need a basic
location.
> > > Christopher (iKw33r)- Hide quoted text -

Chris Justin

Feb 6, 2012, 4:33:39 PM2/6/12
to chicago-ar...@googlegroups.com
somewhere between Elgin and Chicago/Evanston. In that area... accessible from highways and all that jazz.

Sonicsuns

Mar 2, 2012, 10:03:07 PM3/2/12
to chicago-ar...@googlegroups.com
So, did we arrange for a monthly meetup? Or what? I wanna see everyone again.
--
***
Sonicsuns

Chris Justin

Mar 3, 2012, 11:40:01 AM3/3/12
to chicago-ar...@googlegroups.com
Ah yes, shit, I should have linked it here. It's the same time and place tonight.  http://www.facebook.com/events/324100500969742/

Sonicsuns

Mar 3, 2012, 11:56:59 AM3/3/12
to chicago-ar...@googlegroups.com
The link doesn't work. It just takes me to my basic events page and nothing there is listed for tonight!

What's the time and place? I forgot what it was last time.

Chris Justin

Mar 3, 2012, 12:00:50 PM3/3/12
to chicago-ar...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I thought this would happen. Facebook changed it's privacy settings, and I guess it's only reaching out to friends of friends hmmph darn me not being able to change those settings because fb's like "you're not 18 so fuck you"

    • Today
    • 5:00pm
  • 600 S McLean Blvd, Elgin, Illinois
  • Yay! Our second meet up!
    Same place as last time! We'll be actually reserving a server this time, so it'll make ordering a bit easier. No more long lines for us x.x

    Copy Pasta from last time: "Hi everybrony! Everybody is welcome, new fans or old. People are also welcomed to bring their toys, collectibles, and commissioning supplies [AKA art!], but are advised that their is obviously food at the Colonial, and we don’t want anything precious to get ice cream on it. D: That would be awful!
    Colonial has free wi-fi! So bring your laptops and yer fancy pants phones. We will be reserving a table, and we will only be reserving room for those who are on the “attending” list. [Give or take a few ponies]
    It’s also recommended that you bring a little money to pay for food, it would be rude to walk into the Colonial and not order anything but a glass of water!
    Afterwards, we may disperse or we might plow over a target/walmart/meijer for some pony goodies. This is to be decided at the meet-up.

    Invite your friends, Pinkie's making it a PARTY! "

Tommy Burek

Mar 3, 2012, 1:12:29 PM3/3/12
to chicago-ar...@googlegroups.com
Crap, it's about 50 minutes away from where I live. And I'm pretty sick right now so it looks like I won't be attending):

Sent from my iPod