March Meetup Ideas

Mark McGuire

Feb 5, 2012, 12:13:34 AM2/5/12
to Chicago Area Bronies
Wanted to make something for discussing next month's meet up.

Drew and I thought of going to Galloping Ghost arcade (Grand Galloping
Ghost Gala?) in Brookfield, IL http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/ .
It is on the BNSF Metra line (Congress Park/La Grange Rd stops), near
I-55 and I-294 and a few other highways. With the turnout from the
last meetup we would want to have a reservation as a group, so we
would need to talk with the staff there to plan this. How many people
are interested and do you guys think this is a good idea?

Chris Justin

Feb 5, 2012, 12:15:57 AM2/5/12
to chicago-ar...@googlegroups.com
:0 I would love to go, but that's so far for me Dx darn me not having a licence!

Mark McGuire

Feb 8, 2012, 10:17:33 PM2/8/12
to Chicago Area Bronies
Got some info from Galloping Ghost on group rates. I put this on
Facebook as well.

Information for Galloping Ghost:
There are two areas Main floor, or Game Room. Renting game rooms are
$75 per room and an additional $5 dollars to door price per person.
The Main floor is $15 per person.

If we do get a game room discounts start at 30 people, if we don't
they start at 40 people. Discounts start at $2 off per person.

I want to plan for sometime in March. Reply if you are interested!

Sonicsuns

Feb 8, 2012, 10:58:58 PM2/8/12
to chicago-ar...@googlegroups.com
What exactly is in the Game Rooms vs. the Main Floor? Is there any reason to rent out a game room?
--
***
Sonicsuns

Drew Costello

Feb 8, 2012, 11:37:30 PM2/8/12
to chicago-ar...@googlegroups.com
if we rent out the game room, we will have a place to do things other than play the arcade games. there is a lot of games, but not a lot of space to move around. it is an arcade straight out of the 80's with narrow hallways inbetween the the games with very little space to move around, let alone a large group of people (30 or so i hope).

Mark McGuire

Feb 9, 2012, 8:16:18 AM2/9/12
to Chicago Area Bronies
Here's there information on the gaming rooms.
http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/gamerooms.html

They have PS3's and 360's for use in the gaming rooms and more space
that we can chat and hang out all together than on the main floor. We
can also bring food into the game room where you can't onto the main
floor. If we had 30 people renting a game room would bring the price
to about $21 a person ($75/30 + $20) = $23. Then there is a group
discount).

For food we could either cater, or just have people go to where they
want to go. There are several restaurants in walking distance and
others that are driving distance. This is by no means definitive but
there is a pizza place, burger joint (I love that place), mexican
restaurant, and I think an italian place.

I think a Saturday would be the best day to have it. There are some
people I've talked to that would like to come from far away. A
Saturday would let them leave early enough so that they could come and
spend enough time to justify coming before heading home.