RELY Command Error

Linda Andreev

Jun 24, 2024, 2:10:59 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to chibolts
Good afternoon,

I've been trying to generate Cohen's Kappa between two coders where only the main codes, and not the subcodes, are included. In this case, I only have two codes overall which include $INS:PRO and $NON:BEH and I would like to compare only $INS and $NON. The tier is labeled %xtyp.

Here is the code that I have been entering: rely +c +d1 file1.cha file2.cha +t%xtype

However, I run into the following issue: TIER "%XTYPE", ASSOCIATED WITH A SELECTED SPEAKER, HASN'T BEEN FOUND IN THE INPUT DATA!

Might you be able to recommend any revisions to either the code or the file?

With gratitude for any help you can offer,
Linda

Leonid Spektor

Jun 25, 2024, 8:11:31 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Linda,

Perhaps it is a typo, but you write "The tier is labeled %xtyp.", so the +t option should be "+t%xtyp". If that is not the solution, then please email same data file to me directly for testing.

As for only comparing $INS: and ignoring :PRO parts, the RELY can't do it right now, but it is easy to add this feature.

Leonid.